> Something to
> Ponder… Low
> military pay was not mentioned in The State Of The Union or
> any of the debate speeches. However, increasing the minimum wage
> was a center piece and continues as one. Seattle was the first. Now, N.Y. and
> California follows suit. For
> those fast food employees striking for $15 an hour,
> let’s do some math. At
> $15 an hour Johnny Fry-Boy would make $31,200 annually.
> An
> E1 (Private) in the military makes $18,378. An
> E5 (Sergeant) with 8 years of service only makes $35,067
> annually. So
> you’re telling me, Sally McBurgerflipper, that you
> deserve as much as those kids getting shot at, deploying for
> months in hostile environments, and putting their lives on
> the line every day protecting you??? Here’s the deal, Baconator, you are
> working in a job designed for a kid in high school who is
> just learning how to work and earning enough for gas, and
> hanging out with his equally goofy high school pals.
> If
> you have chosen this as your life long profession, you have
> failed!!! If
> you don’t want minimum wage, don’t have minimum
> skills. If you can read this,
> thank a teacher. If it’s in
> English, thank a Veteran</font id=“red”>

Yea it’s a copy:smiley:

George McDonald ; Board Member ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Hell yeah…

That’s base pay. Military get allowances for BAH and BAS the common “fry cook” will not. Not to mention stellar health care coverage, and a pension.

How about teachers? A teacher with a masters degree, that’s 6 years of specialized school to do 1 job, and usually lots of student debt, to make $38k annually. Break it down by hour to what they get paid, and the nice lady at the counter with nails to long to type your order in correctly will be making more per hour than the person shaping the mind of your 7 year old.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

if Hilary gets in office, this will be State Wide.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I am prior service and not all members get bah because they live on base and if it is available to you but choose to live outside it comes out of your pocket. I currently work for the Gov. and I only make 34,000-37,000 a year with a college degree and 11 years of fed service. No way should a burger flipper make that kind of money. Have they not thought about companies failing? If you pay everyone that much profit will shrink…oh wait no they will just raise the price for all goods sold in the country. The King and the McClown won’t have stock drop

That sergeant w/8 yrs of service , considering he is technically on duty 24/7/365 , has no set hrs , no choice of working conditions ,
never knowing when/if, he/she will deploy to some h-ll hole never to return to loved ones, to be expected to allow some pos to shoot at him/her first because of some stupid desk jockies setting up ROE that puts a large target on their back , and to know the very ones they trust to back them will turn their back to them when they need the medical attention they earned… Do the math::WILL BE MAKING APPROX. $4.00 PER HR.

$15.00 HR FOR FLIPPING BURGERS , NOT ABLE TO MAKE CHANGE WITHOUT REGISTER TELLING THEM HOW MUCH , AIR CONDITIONED AND HEATED WORKPLACE , SET WORK HRS AND CAN QUIT IF THEY DON’T LIKE IT:: $15.00 ABSOLUTELY UKING UNBELIEVABLE </font id=“red”>

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

was in KFC in Rock Hill yesterday, teenage girl, decent looking, clean with braces (infers some level of decent home life)

cost was $3.26, gave her $10.26, she keyed in $10 and proceeded to count out $6.74 in change (and had trouble doing that)

after a protracted discussion all she could say was, "well that is how much the machine said to give you

scary

Pioneer 197SF

They are so busy teaching “feeling” and other esoteric crap in school now days that math, English and science seem almost forgotten. Our district has a language immersion school in one of the inner city schools to teach Mandarin Chinese. I would prefer to see all of our resources put into actual things these kids will need to survive in America. I don’t see most of these kids needing/using Chinese.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
I don't see most of these kids needing/using Chinese.

I’m not so sure about that nowadays either. Maybe they know something we don’t.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Roger that Larry ! I don’t think they even teach English around here
anymore , all you hear is no comprende the English or some other foreign gibberish.:wink:Don’t seem to be the good old US of A anymore!!:frowning_face:

author unknown

I get along with robots better anyways.

quote:
Originally posted by friogatto

I get along with robots better anyways.

Back to the point in my other thread... The higher labor costs are, the more companies will look to outsource or automate things, killing jobs...
quote:
The higher labor costs are, the more companies will look to outsource or automate things, killing jobs...

Sadly, the liberals in this country can’t seem to grasp that. I truly do wonder what goes on in the mind of a liberal. It is basic economics. If you have to increase personnel costs, you must either raise the price of your goods/products or find a way to cut operating expenses. SIMPLE. Why can’t the Bernie Sanders of the world understand that?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

DF without a mind to start with , to comprehend anything is impossible. There is nothing there to think with…

author unknown

The business owners would no doubt hurt, depending on number of employees and profit, but I think the ones it would really hurt are the employees demanding it. I really think the consumer could gain from this. A guy can only charge so much for a burger. They may have to raise prices some, but at some point people just aren’t going to buy them. At fifteen bucks an hour, you can be much more selective about who you hire. Heck, I’ll bet a lot of retired/ready to retire people would decide to work twenty hours or so a week to add another $1500/mo to their income. For some, that means goodbye. These retirees are people with a history of working, maybe even college educated. Owner is paying more, but productivity increases as well as customer service/satisfaction. Still a hit but not as much maybe. Maybe. I don’t know if Id flip burgers, but I’d wouldn’t mind going somewhere somewhere like Sportsmans Whse selling guns or fishing rods twenty hours a week. I will say I might be able to see a min wage based on age/schedule/school/work status. I do like hitting fast food during the day, as do many others. I’m sure current min wage is tough to live on but again, raising it invites competition from more qualified workers. be careful what you ask for

7cs, Logic is sound , only problem is many of employers imo are age discriminators , been there, done it , seen it!!!Tried it in two different places ,refused with lame excuses, few days later positions
filled with wet eared kids that couldn’t count up to their toes…Just glad I don’t really need a job for the money…

author unknown

quote:
Originally posted by gail wins

7cs, Logic is sound , only problem is many of employers imo are age discriminators , been there, done it , seen it!!!Tried it in two different places ,refused with lame excuses, few days later positions
filled with wet eared kids that couldn’t count up to their toes…Just glad I don’t really need a job for the money…

author unknown

Gail, I hear you buddy, but we aren’t talking full time, carset jobs. If not, their loss. Like you, I have enough to buy minnows and worms.:smiley: