Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I count 19 in your first pic!

I saw them a couple times today… Saw them when I was on the connector, and then this afternoon as they were returning, they did a loop in the air just behind my house. Pretty cool stuff.

They were checking out your dock![:0]

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I saw them a couple times today… Saw them when I was on the connector, and then this afternoon as they were returning, they did a loop in the air just behind my house. Pretty cool stuff.

Could be…guy next to me said 20, the TV news said 18. It was pretty impressive to see all that money in the air.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

You can see all the pictures I took in here:

http://palmettostaterivals.com/forums/showthread.php/74463-18-C-17-s-Flyover

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Refresh my memory! We had or have, a member that flies a C17 out of CAFB, but I can’t remember his screen name! Haven’t seen a post from him in a while! Anyone know if he’s still stationed at CAFB

quote:

Agent Orange spray on the dolla weed?

Yep, they were lining up on skinneej’s dock, so they didn’t miss:wink:

Was @ the airport @ 1630 - very large procession formed up @ arriving commercial jet, several ahead and behind hearse. No olive drab or desert brown but lots of blue lights.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:

Agent Orange spray on the dolla weed?
Not sure. I was convinced that they were coming to bomb West Ashley, so I went down into the doomsday bunker and made some hot cocoa to wait it out.

My neighbor was one of the pilots so there.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

What funny, if a commercial airliner gets within a mile or less of another airliner, it makes news as a near collision. These guys get just close enough to avoid a vortex from another C-17.

I was hoping they’d fly in a Delta formation though.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

One of our MAD members thats also on cf is one of them ;;;currently doing what our heros do , keeping us SAFE in one of the not so safe
locations;;;pray for his and all our heros safe and speedy return!:smiley:

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

If you didn’t sing Flight of the Valkyries in your head when watching then something’s wrong with you.

quote:
Originally posted by claim

What funny, if a commercial airliner gets within a mile or less of another airliner, it makes news as a near collision. These guys get just close enough to avoid a vortex from another C-17.

I was hoping they’d fly in a Delta formation though.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Commercial airplanes have dinosaur tech on them compared to what these guys are using. From what I know (work with a lot of retired C17 guys) the airplanes “link up” together and basically each of the following aircraft will follow the same route the lead bird does, all controlled automatically. There are also LOTS of provisions in there to prevent them from becoming close enough to get dangerous.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

My neighbor was one of the pilots so there.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I never thought I would hear that a pilot would live under a bridge. Sad if you think about it.

Easy, think its Sirecks?

Cool stuff!

That’s him DD! Thanks:smiley: His last post was not quite a year ago! Maybe he was transferred:question: He used to post some neat pictures, taken out of his C17 window:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by claim

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC