198 Carolina Skiff offshore

We had a 198 about 6 years ago. Ran it out to whitewater a few times. Got our ass kicked a few times too. Coming north up the Broad one day the spreader lights on the t top got knocked off from the pounding. Good luck bring your rain gear.

Pioneer 222sf
250 Yamaha

Yeah, if you’re trying to go offshore in a Carolina Skiff, the water better be glass. Nothing against them but with the hull they can’t handle much chop. My friend took me across the harbor in his (178 I think) and we got completely soaked. Inshore would be fine, but offshore/nearshore you’re gonna want that deep hull.

I have a 2016 218 DLV w/ 140 Suzuki. I have ran out to the near shore reefs quiet a few times with no issues.

Everyone has the right description though. YOU will get wet, leaving the jetties does get messy and passing a cargo ship is not the most exciting part of the day. However, as mentioned take your time if it starts to pound back off a bit. I can tell you that once at the reef you are one of the most stable rides out there. I’m 105" rail to rail and have had four grown men on one side fishing boat with no issue.

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!