1995 Johnson 88spl parts bin

As the title says, I have a 1995 Johnson 88spl parts motor. Last time she was on the water (about 2-1/2 yrs ago) she ate the rings in cylinder #2. So, the block may be totally unusable. Maybe salvageable? I do not know.

I’m getting ready to send in the DNR paper work to junk the motor. It will not have a title.

As I was generally rehabilitating the motor when she ate that last set of rings. A lot of the parts were bought just before and have well under 100 hrs on them. For anyone that has a mid-late 90s Johnson 88 or 90 (without VRO), this may be a decent parts bin.

Estimated Dates/parts

2020 - 9 amp stator
Regulated rectifier
Tachometer
4 Coils
4 Plugs
Cleaned carbs with full kits
Thermostats and pop-offs w/ springs ($35)

Dec 2019 Replaced #1 Piston w/new parts. Piston, rings, con-rod bearings. As the motor ate #2, no way to know if anything inside the block is usable.

2018 - Foot Unit shift shaft seals
Water Pump Impeller
4 Spark Plugs
Rebuilt Steering Arm

2014 Foot Unit drive shaft top bearing and seal(s) and shift shaft seal.

2013 Ignition Module

2009 - Trim/Tilt Motor and seals. Still worked when motor was pulled off the transom.

Includes control box and cables.

Motor is sitting on a wooden shipping pallet on a small not-road-worthy utility trailer in my side yard collecting pine needles. Free to anyone who wants it. Got a bad back and won’t help move the thing. If you want it you gotta come get it.

Scream if interested. I’ll keep it for a few more weeks. Then, off to the dump.

Hello Palmer, glad to hear from you, good luck with everything

What Bay said! Come on back when you have some more time too, it will be welcomed.

Thanks, guys. Been a while. Other life priorities have been dominating for a while. But, 'letting up recently. Hope to be playing in boats and on the water a lot more.

I launch out of Steamboat if it ain’t too far from you I’d be glad to pick you up so you could school me on fishing? Or if you need any help be glad to do that as well. I’m getting tired of eating fish from a can and Goldfish from a bag

Bay, youre good people. Thats a high compliment coming from me. I’m on the water in that area more and more. We’ll have to meet up down there soon. Keep an eye out for a 17ft HenryO dual console or a Bentz flats boat.

Hooked into a 5ft thresher ina hole on big bay crk a few weeks ago. Great fun.

Hmmm… not a thresher. Top of tail was not nearly long enough. If it was an Atlantic Sharpnose, it was huge. Maybe a sandbar? IDK. Didn’t get good enough pics to be sure.