1st day out on the new Yak

Putin at Limehouse around 3:00. Cought 1 Huge Ray and a Flounder about 2 lbs. and 1 baby flounder all on mud minnows while trolling. Had a few good hit on some Gulp shad but weren’t able to put them in the boat. I realize now the importance of an anchor or anchor trolley system or stake out pole. Depth finder will be installed soon along with a live well. I really enjoyed my X-Factor. it was much quicker than I had anticipated and is VERY stable. The greast thing was that it cut through the water pretty good and did not feel like a barge like I thought it would.
Overall I had a great day on the water and can’t wait to delve deeper into this type of fishing.

“Live like you will live forever but live like you will die tomorrow.”

F&G,

Glad you like the new boat and caught some fish, that whole area around limehouse is so good out of a kayak. Which side of the river were you trolling that you caught the flounder? I fished that area a bunch last year and didn’t catch the first flounder.

Matt

me either and i fished it alot like whtz.:question:

gots to get out for some trout

I trolled on the bottom with mud minnows. Works great!

“Live like you will live forever but live like you will die tomorrow.”

there is a bank down from where we fish with some structure i think flounder might be there.gonna try it this year.

gots to get out for some trout