2005 Pioneer 175 Venture

i’m toying with the idea of selling my boat. nadaguides.com is saying the boat/motor/trailer value is $10,000, in excellent condition.

single axle aluminum trailer with goodyear tires in great shape, a spare comes with it but isn’t mounted on the trailer yet, new pole lights, new winch and swivel jack stand. the motor is a 2004 yamaha 90hp 2-stroke with automatic oil injection. I haven’t had the first problem with the engine. the boat has cushions that snap in up front, on the 2 captains chairs, and 2 in the back. light grey bimini top in great shape, with a cover.

with some electrical components currently not working properly (trim switch on throttle, automatic bilge, aerator pump, sending unit is the wrong size - reads 1/4 tank more than actual amount), what would you guys suggest i ask for it? I am probably going to have everything fixed before I do sell it, unless somebody would like to purchase a boat for much cheaper by taking it the way it sits.

i only have 1 picture at the moment. i can post more if there is any interest in it.

back to the original question: what do you think would be a reasonable asking price?
my email address is Robery82@gmail.com if you’d like to contact me aside from here.

decided to list it for $7500. price would be less if somebody would rather fix it themselves.
it is also listed on craigslist

http://augusta.craigslist.org/boa/4012204740.html

If you don’t need to get rid of it quickly I would jack the price up $1000 or so, It’s a good looking boat and you’d be suprised what people would be willing to pay. If it doesn’t sell in a few weeks you can always drop it back down. I’ve sold a few boats privately and they tend to sell slowly, usually takes 3 weeks to a month, that’s good because if it sells tomorrow, you had it priced too low.

If it were the center console version I would be a player.

I agree with SnS, $7500 is too low unless you are in a hurry. I’d start about $9500. That’s a clean solid rig the 2 stroke 90 is in high demand.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose