2007 SeaPro 186 What would you do with draining this trapped water

between the bilge pump area and the fuel tank compartment is a separate, foam filled compartment underneath the livewell. see second pic. i have a light shining on the area with yellow foam. it’s completely filled with water about an inch or two above the foam. in the first pic you can see where the space around the pvc drain going forward is cut out almost like someone tried to get this water out before i bought it. Should i drill another hole at an angle from the top of the PVC pipe to top of foam in other compartment to get this water out?

As if that wasn’t bad enough, both battery compartments, underneath the battery support where the deck drain tube connects are also full of water. one of the drains in bilge usually leaks a little water but nothing ever comes out of the other. it’s like sea pro foamed over the drain and i have no idea how to even find a way from compartments down to those drains. see last two pics.

Either way, thanks for any ideas you may have.

Shop vac? Beach towels you could wring out or

that works for battery compartments but theres gotta be 100lb’s of water in the center section. i read on a seapro forum some dude with same boat drilled holes from bilge acces toward the front to let water out. i may do same

Make sure of the orientation of the fuel tank, before drilling.

1 Like

The only thing if you drill a hole. You will need to fiberglass the raw edges to keep it from absorbing moisture. Or take a piece of PVC and seal it in good with some 5200 or another good quality sealant.
Yes I know there’s nothing nice about trying to work down in bilage.
Good luck.

Once on a Robalo, we shoved a piece of 1/2" PVC from the primary hull drain plug through the boat all the way to the console to clear out errant foam.

And on my Sea Pro, I was able to oversize the drain holes at the bottom of the battery compartment from rear splash well access.

so i drilled a hole from bilge area toward the front in the first compartment and foam was completely dry which means the water in that area is on top only and no foam saturation. i used my shop vac to suck it all up. probably 50lbs worth. still not sure where it came from but whatever. i used a piece a PVC and sealed around it like OTC said so if it ever get water it’s got a place to go. Thanks for all the advice.