2007 Tahoe’s reviews/problems

Looking at a 2007 Tahoe lt. I have an older silverado and want something more reliable to take to college next year. I see GM implemented a new thing this year (2007) called Active Fuel Management where it drops 4 of the pistons on the highway. This worries me considering it’s the first year and it might cause problems down the road. Does anyone have a Silverado/Tahoe with AFM? If so,has it caused any problems? Any other issues/problems I should watch out for ? Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Screamingdrag

Looking at a 2007 Tahoe lt. I have an older silverado and want something more reliable to take to college next year. I see GM implemented a new thing this year (2007) called Active Fuel Management where it drops 4 of the pistons on the highway. This worries me considering it’s the first year and it might cause problems down the road. Does anyone have a Silverado/Tahoe with AFM? If so,has it caused any problems? Any other issues/problems I should watch out for ? Thanks!

17’ Mako //90hp Mercury
16’ Alumacraft // 20hp Yamaha
14’ War Eagle // 9.8hp Tohatsu
17’ Key West // 90hp Yamaha
16’ G3 1652 //50hp Yamaha

It’s been working for twelve years now. I’m not saying there hasn’t been problems. You should be able to research that. I have 91k on a 2013 that’s doing fine.

I have put 200k on that same motor in my 2007 Z71 and other than 2 throttle sensor issues it has been great. In saying that I did have two friends that bought their near identical trucks close to the same time and they both had injector issues before 100k.

I have the 2014 with 120k on the same motor. Pay attention to the oil as these motors tend to use 2 quarts between changes and look for the plugs to foul on #1 and #7 around 70k to 100k. I installed a Range AFM delete on mine that keeps the motor on all eight cylinders. The Range has slightly improved fuel mpg and virtually eliminated oil use. The oil use is related over pressurizing the lifters to open valves when it goes in to four cyl. mode.