2011 Finale on the Ripple Effect(PHINLESS)

Let me start out by saying that Phin is a punk, but I understand. S4G and Circlehook were invited, but couldnt make it. Phin backed out last night… do what? You kidding me? Wind blowing too hard?

We had this trip planned early in the week with some lead slinging, stone throwing, bad as* grouper catchers lined up to lay waste to some grouper. Last day of the season and year to catch some brown. Well, as you can tell Phin didnt make it, but he sent adequate backup to take his corner of the boat. Jaime held his own with his camo AVET.

Woke up to 23 knots at 41004. No big deal, it was supposed to lay down after lunch time. Made bait at the bouys by 9:15. Wind was still going at about 21 knots. What they hell, lets roll on out deep. Ran out in what looked like solid 3-5’ seas with a few 6’s mixed in. Made about 30mph to 110’ near the Red Banks at 10:30. Anchored up in some pretty sporty slop. Bailed in 6 scamp and a Kitty Mitchell. Bite cut off. Worked our way into 65’ off of Bulls Island. Nothing but BSB, but bait was thick. Loaded the livewell again with huge cigars in about 20 minutes.

Ok, we had to make a decision. It was 2:30 and we still had room in the box for more fish. Wind wasnt laying down, but hey, we are in a pontoon boat. Ran south to the Garden, yes, the Garden to proceed to lay an ass whoopin on some gags. Caught 6 gags and one red grouper by 5pm to end 2011. The biggest gag pushing 20lbs. Lost a stud on the way up. Ran home at 35mph.

We ran 130 miles on a beautiful day. Cant believe we didnt see another boat out there. Pics to come. Oh, we released 5 ARS, the biggest around 20lbs. Thankfully they all went down no problems.

Happy New Year to all. Cant wait for groupa season to open back up. Next is gonna be an overnighter on the other side for some yellows.

6 gags
6 scamps
1 rock hind (corrected)
1 red grouper (about 10lbs)
5 ARS released
countless BSB released the biggest was at least 5lbs
1 shark
1 AJ at least 70lbs

Good to hear ya’ll got into them.
Now we troll and mark bottom for later.
That other-side ride sounds good.

Sorry I could not make it. I figured the Freeman Cat would eat up the slop. TROLLING season will be here soon. Let do that! All the cool kids are. :wink:

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

Good work!

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

Hammer time, nice work

Nice work again on the supercat

sounds like a good day. FYI… Courtland and I wont cancel and would be glad to take Phins spot.

Well, when my boy pulls a taco at the last minute, I didn’t want to bother my out of town backups at the last minute.

You missed a good time. The weather definitely made it interesting.

my phone didn’t ring…

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by bully

Well, when my boy pulls a taco at the last minute, I didn’t want to bother my out of town backups at the last minute.

You missed a good time. The weather definitely made it interesting.

maybe the second string is better than the starting line up.

quote:
Originally posted by FatCat

sounds like a good day. FYI… Courtland and I wont cancel and would be glad to take Phins spot.

I was busy anyway…

quote:
Originally posted by Courtland

Okay, I am officially inviting myself on the next trip in which these are caught with your method.

I will bring methods from GTH to share.:wink:

Nice job with the kids Courtland!

Happy New Year!

06 200 Bay Scout 150 Yam

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutin 4 Goodies
quote:

Okay, I am officially inviting myself on the next trip in which these are caught with your method.

I will bring methods from GTH to share.:wink:

I’ll clear the calendar. You can bring whomever you’d like for crew as well. I know you have a long ride.

And you can leave the GTH secrets at home. I’m well versed in dumping 1/2 a 50W and cussing everyone on the radio out that is within a 1/4 mile of your boat.:smiley:

Courtland good come back to S4G!!Great job with the boys! Surly a day they wil rember for a long time

quote:

And you can leave the GTH secrets at home. I’m well versed in dumping 1/2 a 50W and cussing everyone on the radio out that is within a 1/4 mile of your boat.:smiley:

You say that but it is a fine art, everyone can not do it to perfection.:smiley:

I wish I had a FREEMAN 33.

Thats one bad pontoon that will run 30 plus mph in 3-5s… Did you mean tritoon?

quote:
Originally posted by Dirty O

Thats one bad pontoon that will run 30 plus mph in 3-5s… Did you mean tritoon?

No tritoon… Just your everyday catboat.

Bully, we could take your boat on the above mentioned tuna trip with Courtland and his devil horses.

Just sayin…