2013 Kickoff meeting

On Wednesday, January 9th we will have our first membership meeting of 2013. It will be held at Summerville (Miler) Country Club at 6:30 p.m. We will be welcoming new members as well as returning members at this meeting.

2012 marked our second year of existence, and it was a fantastic year. We doubled our membership from 2011 and our contribution to the Summerville community. We are definitely excited about 2013!

Something new this year, we will hold a drawing where you can win a 1/2 day guide trip with one of our member guides. You will receive 1 entry for a family membership ($25) and 2 entries for a family membership ($50). At evenings end we will draw the winner!

If you are in the Goose Creek, Summerville, Ladson community or beyond and would like to check us out, please join us.

The January meeting will be a little more low key than our usual meetings, so that everyone can intermingle and renew acquaintances. Its a busy night, with renewals and all, so we are going to have knot stations to learn knots while everyone mingles and rejoins, and then we will cover awards from 2012, our 50/50 and guide trip drawing, and then preview what we have in store for 2013.

PLUS we’ll have free food and a cash bar!:smiley:

It should give you a good taste for SSWA in 2013, so if you are interested please join us! The board met tonight to cross “T’s” and dot “I’s”, and we are excited about what we have to offer!

Directions to Miler/Summerville CC can be found at http://www.summervillecountryclub.com/directions

Any questions please contact myself or Optiker.

Happy New Year!

Thanks Vin! I’d just like to clarify that the drawing includes both new and renewing memberships. We have also decided to cap our membership this year, so if you are interested please come and sign up next week. In years to come we anticipate a waiting list. Come see what we are all about… Family, Friends, Fishing

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

Just out of curiosity, why would a club cap membership?

quote:
Originally posted by Redfish_matt

Just out of curiosity, why would a club cap membership?

The biggest reason is at some point it becomes kind of difficult to maintain a club when it gets too large and it dilutes the enjoyment of existing members.

Last year, including family members, we were close to 160 members. We had an amazing 75% renewal rate after our inaugural 2011 year, which essentially meant we had about a 50/50 split from new to repeat membership. We had a great year last year, so I don’t anticipate that changing.

So, doing some whiffle math, we could be over 200 members this year, which makes meeting areas tight, food costs increase, etc.

A good problem to have, but one we are trying to wrap are arms around BEFORE we get there.:smiley:

I hope you choose to come join us!

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda