2016 Ashley River Cleanup, Please Join Us

Hi friends,

I’m organizing this year’s Ashley River Cleanup event on behalf of Summerville Saltwater Anglers, which will be Saturday, March 12th. We will launch from Jessen Landing at the corner of Ladson Rd and Dorchester Rd in Summerville (Oakbrook). Time will be 10AM - 3PM. It’s a big tide that day, +6.5 at 12:30 up river, so fishing won’t be that great - might as well help us make our community a better place that day :sunglasses:

What we need are boats. We have found a formula that allows us to be very efficient at removing large amounts of trash in a short amount of time. Last year, 17 boats removed 3.2 tons of trash. I’d like to at least double that this year due to the flooding, which has made the problem many times worse.

We are working on food sponsors for coffee and refreshments before hand and lunch afterword. Hope to have news on that soon. Please save the date, and join us for a fun and very worthwhile event.

Facebook Page: Please Like and Share https://www.facebook.com/AshleyRiverCleanup

Thanks in advance,

-Dave Fladd (Optiker)

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

That’s some fine modern day piracy! Lol
But for real, good on you guys for doing this! I missed last years but I would like to participate in this years. Maybe we could coordinate a Cooper River Clean up in the mix sometime as well. I don’t go out often without picking up something from out there. Makes me feel like it pleases the ‘Fish Gods’ and maybe they’ll let me catch a few. Sometimes it even works… :sunglasses:

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

Ha ha that’s awesome Stump, we’d love to have you join. When you see the state of the upper Ashley, you will have a range of emotions. Shock, sadness, anger, among them. Its 1000X worse than the Cooper. Thanks again.

That crew in that Carolina Skiff looks kind of shady and they have weird booty.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

and nice, new, white shirts for their efforts! :))

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

A couple awesome updates for ya…

First, Thanks to CCA-SC and SCDNR for allowing us to use their two “half-shell” jon boats to use as trash-barges for the day. These things can hold a couple tons each and will allow us to be much more efficient by giving us a place to offload bags. Thanks to Mike Able Jr and Scott Whittaker at CCA for helping make this happen!

Also, for the second consecutive year, Triangle Char and Bar Summerville will be sponsoring our after-cleanup lunch. This is not your average burger and chips. It’s a high-end lunch. Very very thankful for this. Please show them your thanks by dining there.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

That crew in that Carolina Skiff looks kind of shady and they have weird booty.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Hey, Hey</font id=“size2”>, Hey!!</font id=“size4”> Enough about the crew of the Skiffster and our shady booties!:angry:

Just ran across this!:smiley: Opti has done a great job of getting things lined up and I can’t wait to get those pretty white shirts FILTHY again!

I hope many others choose to join us. As you drive down the roads the next week or so, take a good long look at what you see along the roadsides. Trash everywhere you look.

Its sad the amount of trash laying around our beautiful Low Country, and it ALL flows towards the sea into our rivers, harbor, and ocean.

Come spend a rewarding day on the Ashley. Hot coffee and breakfast will be waiting. Lunch and camaraderie will be served after we finish.

And we will CELEBRATE a job well done!:smiley:

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda