2018 Tundra vs Titan

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

The titans are uglier than a 70’s Dodge. I like the Cummins though.

You seem bitter this hole week. Is it the snow?

So here’s a follow up. I bought the '18 CrewMax Limited in Magnetic Metallic Grey. Looks pretty much like this (not my actual truck, but I don’t see a difference):

I really dig it. However… that app (Entune 3.0, Remote Start) doesn’t work for Tundras, just the dang Camry. I was disappointed I was going to have to pay for an app to perform the remote, but once I realized even that wouldn’t work I was really disappointed and very confused. The app, Entune (basic), that does work with the Tundras is not very useful as far as I can tell. It immediately installs a bunch of web-based streaming radios that you have to fight to cycle through from the steering wheel radio control. Each one of them pops up an error you have to touch the screen to get through, it says “You haven’t set up iHeartRadio to function properly yet, please blah blah blah”. Then it says the same about Pandora, then something else. There’s no way to disable that if you have the app connected. I had to uninstall that app on my phone and hard reset my radio to get it to go away.

The speakers might be crap. I may not be accurate on this, because I’ve never had a tweeter right on the dash by my head. I can’t stand how grainy/tinny the sound is. I’m a musician and do sound for bands a lot, so I can listen to specific frequencies a little better than the average person, but I’m just comparing it to my wife’ Sequoia and my old tacoma. Both beat the pants off of this system. I’ve ordered new speakers already. I didn’t get the JBL factory option, but it had something called “Premium”. It has more speakers than what other Tundra owners on the web have. I ordered a bunch of Infinity 2-3ohm replacements. I’m going to try them without upgrading the amp since I’m keeping the system’s impedance pretty close to the same.

That’s a little negative, but otherwise it is really a dream come true kind of truck for me.

BG

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

The titans are uglier than a 70’s Dodge. I like the Cummins though.

You seem bitter this hole week. Is it the snow?

This rain has my hair a mess.

Congrats BG. If speakers are the biggest issue, you found your truck.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

haha
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

You're right! The good life kind of problems, huh?

BG

The Titan CAN look good…just have to have the right option package.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat