2019 SBC registration now open

Registration is now open for those that dont Facebook…

https://form.jotform.com/81545466912159

Thats the registration form. Looks like website isnt completely updated. Almost all their updates are done via FB…

Registration is open till November 30th

Tx dates are Jan 4th and 5th

Capt dinner on 4th tx on the 5th

$20k guaranteed for pro class 1st place
$5k guaranteed for open class 1st place

Before anyone starts hollering about it being on Hartwell AGAIN, stop and ask yourself what can i do to help it come here/go somewhere else…

It will take a whole lake/community effort. I kinda have an idea of what is needed and would like to help bring it to Murray again, but i dont have the resources or connections to make it all happen. I dont think anyone has them, but as a community we do.

If you want to help, think you can help or do anything to further the idea of it coming to Murray please give me a shout. I dont really want to address physical or monetary things that are needed on a public forum. That just leads to negative comments.

Please feel free to message me, call me or text. 803 threeOnine five3four2

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

USCG Licensed Captain
Sea~N~Stripes Guide Service

Chip…anything I can help with let me know. Fun having these on Murray

Thanks to Anderson County, and Green Pond Landing, Hartwell has become a national treasure in the Sport Fishing industry. They’ve put in the whole lake/community effort over there, and it’s paying off nicely!

They just need some fish in the lake now. That lake has become like a dead sea for stripers with all the repeated fish kills. Hybrids are doing OK, just aren’t enough of them. But stripers are futile the way the Corp keeps pumping all the cool oxygenated water out of the lake by the end of summer year after year. I really miss when that lake was slam full of hybrids like it was growing up.

quote:
Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Thanks to Anderson County, and Green Pond Landing, Hartwell has become a national treasure in the Sport Fishing industry. They’ve put in the whole lake/community effort over there, and it’s paying off nicely!

Anderson County didn't want Dorn 2.0...PCP money doesn't hurt either.

Pine Island has the facilities to support the SBC, just not sure what it would take to get support from SCE&G or even if that was possible. I feel sure that having the SBC in January wouldn’t interfere with family outings at Pine Island.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

quote:
Originally posted by Loon
quote:

SBC, B.A.S.S. & FLW, don’t seem to mind where the money came from, No?

quote:
Originally posted by 91tiger

They just need some fish in the lake now. That lake has become like a dead sea for stripers with all the repeated fish kills. Hybrids are doing OK, just aren’t enough of them. But stripers are futile the way the Corp keeps pumping all the cool oxygenated water out of the lake by the end of summer year after year. I really miss when that lake was slam full of hybrids like it was growing up.

I miss those days too, but to say Hartwell isn’t, still, a great resource for Striper fishing is an overstatement, in my opinion. Maybe ya’ ain’t holdin’ yer mouth right?..:wink: Did you ever get a’hold of Buster?

quote:
Originally posted by Bowhunter

Pine Island has the facilities to support the SBC, just not sure what it would take to get support from SCE&G or even if that was possible. I feel sure that having the SBC in January wouldn’t interfere with family outings at Pine Island.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Pine island isnt big enough. The captains dinner needs a facility that holds around 500 people. My goal is to find a venue that someone is willing to donate free of charge. Best thing we can do is match what Anderson is doing…

After dealing with this stuff for only a short period of time, i have found this is all very political. To be honest i was truly amazed how political it really is…

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

USCG Licensed Captain
Sea~N~Stripes Guide Service

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Loon
quote:

SBC, B.A.S.S. & FLW, don’t seem to mind where the money came from, No?

And? Pretty sure I never mentioned that.