.22 ammo availability?

seems like a weird question, but ive been sealed underwater in a steel tube the past 5 months and although im well aware of how the election played out, i havent been to a gun store in the couple of days ive been home. is .22 ammo back at all or still a PITA to find/a lot more expensive than it should be?

It’s getting better. Most places that have it are putting a 1-3 box limit on it or selling it high enough to keep people from scooping it all uf. You can usually find it online fairly easy and at a decent price if you look.

At walmart, it’s hard to fine. The last time I was at Palmetto State Armory they had a bunch. Actually they were cheaper than walmart too.

Narcosis

i found some .22 lr at slickguns.com last year when i couldn’t find any in the stores. they have an up to date listing of who’s got what ammo in stock. they even show the price per round.
http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=3

or check here; http://gobacktoohio.com/ :smiley:

Got some sub sonic rounds from ace hardware a few days ago, but it’s still a PITA to get.

One small convenience store out in the sticks near me has it for $10.99 for 40 bullets in a zip lock bag. :smiley: And sells some!

Son and I were reminiscing on the good old days when we’d shoot a brick or two in an afternoon. Some times putting many in a single ant hill. We’ve went through many rounds in a tree stand “pruning” limbs. Not anymore. :roll_eyes:

Thanks for your service and you can have the Steel Tube!!! 1 week under water would be 1 week too long. 5 months is just crazy.

figured it would be PITA to find and not $20 a brick when you do find it, but figured id ask. actually fracwilt i did check out http://www.gobacktoohio.com and booked the first flight home and havent seen it here ether! :smiley: i did make it out for the last day of deer season, but the 30 deer i did see were standing by the road driving home and not in front of my stand. seeing as theres about 10 of snow on the ground and about 10 degrees, ice fishing will be my next outdoor adventure :wink:

$2.99 for a 50 round box at Palmetto State Armory in Columbia, they have a bunch, no limit but I only needed a few.

I picked up 2 x 500 round bricks at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Cola a few weeks ago for $24.99 each. Last two they had.

Picked up a brick of 500 today for 29$, plenty in stock

I was at Palmetto State Armory Mt. Pleasant today and the cheapest they had was $.08 per round. Maybe a 1000 rounds left at that price. The other stuff was $.10 and higher.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

not like i can get it through the airport but i did see some at the shop in my hometown in oh, but $30 for the 333 pack of winchesters. seeing as i got a bunch of gift card money as a late Christmas present, looks like im going after a high powered air gun too! i still see .177 pellets for cheap and im sure one of those would waste a tree at at 1200fps, let lone being cheap and available to plink.