22LR Ammo - Groundhog day

I put in some backorders on Midway USA in November of 2013 (over a year ago). Got a notification from them today saying that they cancelled my backorder because the vendor told them that availability of the item was “unlikely” in the next 12 months!!!

Looks like another year of no decent priced 22LR ammo…

Palmetto State Armory’s store in Mt. P told me they had plenty of this in their store yesterday, and they match online prices.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition/federal-auto-match-22lr-40gr-lead-round-nose-325rd-am22.html

Go into the store and pull that page up on your phone…

Not a crazy low price, but I would call $26.99 for 325 rounds of 1200ft/s 40gr .22LR’s “cheap” for good paper shooting.

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

On the orders I had, they were around 4-5 cents per round… Example, the Remington bucket… 1400 rounds for $59.99 = 4.285 cents per round.

Yep, I know it’s out there if you want to pay 8 cents or more per round, but that’s still high for the cheap stuff…

Says the guy that gets bottle service in the clubs.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Says the guy that gets bottle service in the clubs.

How do you think I afford the bottle service?

Check here.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18798/s/cci-22-long-rifle-40gr-lrn-quiet-22-ammunition-500rds-10-boxes-of-50-0960/

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Check here.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18798/s/cci-22-long-rifle-40gr-lrn-quiet-22-ammunition-500rds-10-boxes-of-50-0960/

10 cents a round... I'd rather drive up to Ferguson and break a window...
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Check here.

10 cents a round... I'd rather drive up to Ferguson and break a window...

Yeah. I confused that ad with one that had a thousand rounds. I know, you aren’t made out of bricks.:smiley:

Ha!

I wish I would have taken a pic… Stopped at the little store at Stephens Crossroads… Zip lock bags with 40 rounds… $10.49.

Not that desperate … yet.

I had and still have guesses to why, but I do wonder why .22lr is so hard to come by. :question:

a lot more converted .223 using .22 for training ? who knows for sure, I just know it’s a pain in my ass.

Civilians still “stocking up” faster than the manufacturers can crank it out…

Skinnee I will hold on to some if we get some in. Its been random. Have only recieved 2 shipments in the year and a half of me being there.

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

It seems to me, especially after what I saw in person last Friday in a couple stores, that there are a lot of training platforms now that use .22lr, and way more people buying up and using the bigger caliber AR’s, which means law enforcement needs to have em now as well.
More guns being built/sold for new shooters----> more training needed ----> more training guns being built -----> more training ammo demand.
A lot of people are also just buying the .22lr replica platforms to get the look and be able to spray a lot of lead at paper cheaply compared to .223 or .308.

From what I have been told over the last year, each store has an allotment from the manu. If a store didn’t sell much in the past, they’ll not get much now. The stores who don’t get much aren’t going to discount it, and most are going to be sold out anyway if there in areas where the aforementioned “new shooters” are located…
:smiley:

Go to a hardware store in Sumter or Summerville, and you see a half pallet come in, and people are on it like crabs on a chicken leg. The thing will be gone in a few hours with the store limiting customers’ quantities.
On the other hand, go to a feed and seed store out in the country, and the one box of 50rds .22lr they get per month is sitting there for sale still like what Fred saw.

I remember about 2 years ago, I could not find any .270 rounds in 150gr at any of the big box or sporting stores. Could barely find decent 130gr stuff even. Then, I walked into a gas station back home in the country to get a honey bun and saw 3 boxes Rem. Core-Lok that’d been there for 3 years.

The ammo people are playing games with supply, and demand is through the roof on everything because of Obama.

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

All you want next door to my office for .12 a round

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I put in some backorders on Midway USA in November of 2013 (over a year ago). Got a notification from them today saying that they cancelled my backorder because the vendor told them that availability of the item was “unlikely” in the next 12 months!!!

Looks like another year of no decent priced 22LR ammo…

I got the same e-mail… I order a 5000 round case last year when you made the post… I think it is still available, they just sell it under a different SKU# so they can sell for more. I was locked it at $194 for the 5000 round case. The price is much higher now…

A bad day fishing is much better than a good day at work.

I see the stuff on retail shelves around Columbia all the time, the cheap stuff is about 5 cents a round, Sportsman warehouse gets their shipment every Monday and they still have some on Thursday

PSA has good stuff on their website for 8.3 cents a round

Pioneer 197SF

Hit sportsman’s at the right moment today. Picked up 2 bricks for $24.99 each. That’s 5 cents/rnd! Federal…

skinneej, are you shooting that much, or just stockpiling:question:

Stockpiling. Buy low, sell high…