23 shriiiieeeeek

Got a hand me down over the holidays.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Nice!!! I know its a rebel, but which one? Xsi?

I also see an 18-55mm lens along with I assume a 75-250mm telephoto lens?

Now we can finally get some quality photoreports from you!!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Just an XS I think.

I had that same camera for a few years. Now get out there and practice using it!

In the first 18 hours of me having it I took over 500 photos.
One thing it does on startup is the first picture always gives me an error 99 message. The only thing I do is open the battery door and close it and the error stops. WTF is that?

Fritzee, maybe this will help you out:question:https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/14217/How+fix+error+99

Thanks Easy, I’m well aware of using the internet to fix a problem but if you notice the Error 99 is a “catch all” code for multiple errors. The person that gave me the camera never had seen that before. It may be an issue with the lens installation. Just curious if the er99 popped up for anyone else.

The only time I’ve ever seen error 99 is when I was trying to use another manufacturer’s lens, a SIGMA, on my canon body. Nothing wrong with other lenses, but sometimes they are not seated all the way on the camera like the should be. I would remove the lens that’s on there now, get a #2 pencil and clean the metal contacts that connect the lens to the camera body. Make sure when you reinstall that lens you go all the way until you hear it “click” in place to ensure a proper seating. That might fix it, especially if it fixes itself after you reseat the battery.

I’ve got another 18-55 laying around the house somewhere; if that doesn’t fix it, try mine.

Do both of those lenses in the picture give you error 99?

Yep, just trying to be helpful. Don’t know much about cameras, except point and shoot! I learned something.

THe error pops up with both lenses and no lens at all. I’m already used to open and closing the battery door after turning it on so it’s not a hassle

Sounds like the connections to me. Try cleaning them. Worst case scenario, it’s the internal board.

This pictures reminds me of some of you people on this site.

Your tears sustain me…

Reminds me of Edisto Fishers picture. Lol

Who knew the starting order of Candyland could cause such drama. It was almost 8pm on Christmas night so I will give him that.

The Tail

Nice shots Fritz… Keep shooting and keep your eye out for A) a speedlite flash and ALWAYS… better lens. But more so, start experimenting with the manual settings. It took me too long to try and still have a lot to learn.
Go here and read through the tips and tutorials, sign up for the weekly email of them, also.
http://digital-photography-school.com/

Still a long way to go before I get my own fancy watermark.

I had the error 99 on my Canon 20d and I always had to remove battery and reinstall it and it would work again. It worked that way for a year before I sold it.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.