(29) days without an offshore report

WHYYYYYY???

CERTAINLY not because of politics, which is hidden away, Facebook Marketplace took that away long ago reportedly.

1 Like

Just dead around here. Never thought I would be one of the most frequent posters in this forum. Used to get schooled from the sidelines by Phin, Skinnee, Scoutin, etc etc

Skinnee would write a meticulously detailed 6pg rebuttal to an offhand remark by Scootin’ about the supposed weight of a fish, then there would be scientifically crafted fishing tips peppered in pro bono by Wes, and back and forth they would go for so long that I wasn’t sure if they were all actually mad at each other or just did things differently, and all with much success. I miss the grouper dances around here.

I’m trying to ride along with a buddy to bump some nearshore tomorrow… stand by

2 Likes

That is very true bar! At one time we had a hefty population of fish and fishing police on this site that would criticize the most minuscule detail of every fishing report . From the guys I still chat with that spend the time money and effort to fish offshore , the pizzin contests we used to see on here were not worth the spit in the ocean.

But with that said ,as I recently pointed out in a recent conversation with another long time member, getting rid of the troublesome duo
Makes everything else that happens on here a mere bump in the road

2 Likes

Reel time report a couple miles off the jetties. Storm cells got it kicked up a little, slow going but we’re getting there

2 Likes

Oh Lord, is that “White Braid”? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Fish police again, or just kidding?

Just reminiscing about the old “White Braid” argument…LMAO!!

I love living vicariously through other’s reports, so I miss the offshore reports we used to see.

It IS white braid!

Spent a little time around 45-50’, but it was way bumpier and windy than forecast. Caught one keeper BSB and plenty shorts along with bank sea bass, tomtate, ringtail, pinfish, pigfish, and a 5-6lb ARS

Moved back to the jetties when half the crew started feeling green from rolling around in the trough, caught toadfish, small BSB, croaker, rat reds, and a weakfish.

Chicken for dinner!

1 Like

According to charlestonfishing.com lore, you’re trip was doomed, from the start, with that white braid. Almost as bad as a banana, if I remember?

Imagine if you’d used a pale blue?

LMAO!! :wink:

Nice to see you got out there!!

And thanks for the report, and pics.