35 year old liqueur

I have a bottle of Cointreau Liqueur that a house guest found opened and fixed himself a couple of drinks while I was sleeping. That was given to me in 1982 by a guy on a sailing yacht that was downtown. Never drank liqueur before so I don’t know what to mix it with. I’m more of a bourbon or beer person. So how about some suggestions.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Lot’s of different drinks but IMO on the rocks with just a splash of fresh lemon juice.

If you want something unique and a great springtime drink try a Cointreau Cucumber Mint Rickey. Wife and I had a couple last year in a little bar downtown Charleston with an awesome bartender.

Ingredients
2 oz Cointreau
1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
3 Wheels of Cucumber
5 Mint Leaves
3-4 oz Club Soda
Tools

Lowball glass

Muddler

Citrus juicer

How to Mix
Muddle the cucumber and mint in the bottom of the glass
Pour Cointreau and fresh lime juice
Add ice, top with club soda and stir
Garnish with a cucumber wheel and a mint sprig

Here you go.

https://drizly.com/10-cointreau-cocktails-you-need-to-try/e-ae5682bd26b4d21c

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

You don’t mix anything with 35 year old liquor. Also your house guest needs serious consequences so is to make an example for the others

Sounds like a frat house/free for all atmosphere going on over there nowadays.haha

Liqueur

Liquor

Know the difference. Bonzo is right, you need a little culture.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

dammit

I don’t drink liqueur.

assman’s right, sounds like its outta hand over there.

A splash of Cointreau straight up in the bottom of a snifter is all you need. Good to go.

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

You don’t mix anything with 35 year old liquor. Also your house guest needs serious consequences so is to make an example for the others

What do you recommend mixing with a 35 year old Liqher…

RBF

I just hope there aren’t any pictures of coot getting flogged .Maybe there wasn’t any offshore guys over that night.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Agree with this, great sipping drink after dinner.

Breaking the seal on somebody else’s bottle, be it rot gut or aged, is bad form. People have died for less …

Its 35 yrs old. Put the bottle to your lips

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Breaking the seal on somebody else’s bottle, be it rot gut or aged, is bad form. People have died for less …

This is true. Perhaps if there were no beers around, no other open bottles of anything and it was an emergency like two drunk girls came by and said they really wanted to keep their buzz going…but generally, no. One should never break the seal on a bottle that you don’t own without permission.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

The house has a problem with alcohol so I hid everything before he came to my house including my bottle of JD that was given to me 22 years ago. At least I thought I did. The Cointreau was in a dark corner and I didn’t think anything about it. Just wish he’d drank the year old beer in the fridge. We’re trying to get him help and he actually told me a couple of days later that he had 2 drinks while at my house.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

The house has a problem with alcohol so I hid everything before he came to my house including my bottle of JD that was given to me 22 years ago. At least I thought I did. The Cointreau was in a dark corner and I didn’t think anything about it. Just wish he’d drank the year old beer in the fridge. We’re trying to get him help and he actually told me a couple of days later that he had 2 drinks while at my house.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

I’ve know several to quit and I’ve slowed way down. I was told that a small bowl of ice cream can help stave off Alcohol cravings. Actually the sugar can get addictive but usually tapers off as you break free from alcohol.

That your friend admitted to the drinks is a good sign.

I’ve been sober 17.5 years. I finally got sick of my drunken lifestyle (and the accompanying legal and financial problems). Regarding the sugar, I couldn’t get enough for about a year after I quit. Even when I went golfing, I’d take a ziploc full of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. If your friend knows he has a problem, and he decides to make a change, get him in a good AA group. Some groups aren’t as good as others, so going to a few different meeting places at diffferent times will help him find the right group for him.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis