3500 or 4500 Series Reel

Hey guys,

I need to upgrade my current inshore reel (pfluger president). Ive been looking at the Penn Spinfisher V not quite sure if I should go with a 3500 series or a 4500 series. I’m leaning towards a 4500 just because I usually use one rod for everything, shore fishing, kayak fishing and boat fishing. Ill be running it on a 7 foot Hurricane Calico Jack. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I think the only diff in the 35 to the 45 is spool size and a few lbs of drag and a few oz of weight. Having said that, I run the 35 size and have caught anything from a pin fish to a 42.5" spottail on a 7’ rod. Honestly you can’t go wrong with either! Get one and go fishin!

In fact, there are 2 for sale in the swap shop section!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Take a look at the new Daiwa BG. There are awesome reels for the money. When my Shimano Stradics turn into coffee grinders that what I replacing them with. I have 4 Daiwa BG is various sizes and they work well.

He must Increase,but I must decrease. John 3:30

Check the Swap Shop - Shimano SE Inshore Rods and Spinfisher V Reels

Hey guys,

I need to upgrade my current inshore reel (pfluger president). Ive been looking at the Penn Spinfisher V not quite sure if I should go with a 3500 series or a 4500 series. I’m leaning towards a 4500 just because I usually use one rod for everything, shore fishing, kayak fishing and boat fishing. Ill be running it on a 7 foot Hurricane Calico Jack. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

Raymond Adams

2012 Sportsman Heritage

Why not get another President? They are always near the top of the Best Buy lists