39 fish yesterday! 9/29/12

We put my buddy’s leaky 12’ canoe in at some neighboorhood ponds on JI. We fished Texas rigged worms and freelined Zman sinker worms. Junebug color worked the best. Fished submerged trees and the bank structure. My friend’s second ever bass was a few ounces off 4 pounds! All fish about 1.5 pounds with some 2lb fish mixed in. I even caught one little bass that was the size of my worm! Fished one pond that was 15’+ and crystal clear. Bigger bass didn’t want the worms when dropped to them the little ones would shoot out and grab the baits right in front of the lunker’s face. Also caught one that looked like a smallmouth. But no pictures so it probably didn’t happen… awesome day! The fishing is heating up!

Hunter P. Hames
11’ Tarpon 100
19’ Sea Fox 125 merc

Nice day!!

Is it possible that the smallmouth was actually a warmouth?

Warmouth. Smallmouth bass body, bluegill/shellcracker markings. Very good eating.

Could have also been a shoal bass or redeye bass, I think those two can be found in our area, uncommonly, although I’ve never seen either. Seen a LOT of warmouth though.

i have bass fished my whole life yak man. usually, when the water is real clear like that and you can see those big ones down deep they will not bite. here is a pic of a shoal bass i caught in GA at my parents. i doubt that any are here though.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

What ponds were you at on JI cuz Im looking for some spots and I live on JI also

A neighboorhood on fort Johnson road. You have to be a resident to fish it and my cousin lives there so that’s the only reason I fish there. But I have fished a lot of other ponds on the island and moat have bass. Just use google maps. Also check out by Wal-Mart on maps, can’t remwber name of neighboorhood hut the entrance to it has 3 big ponds( good for deep cranks orsuspending baits) also the neighboorhood meridian has several ponds… google maps is your friend. Hmu on here one day and we might beable to make it happen one day. Good luck

Hunter P. Hames
11’ Tarpon 100
19’ Sea Fox 125 merc

very nice!

“Fish On”