4/24 Just shy of 226 (pic added)

Left B&B @ 5 headed for S end of EBanks. Water temp 69 degrees as expected. Pretty beat up we muscled out bearing towards 226. Spoke with EB Edisto Friday PM and learned of weed line out that way. Sure enough about 4 miles shy of 226 we got on it. Water temp 71.5-72.5. Line was a little scattered but manageable running 3 short. 1st knock down bit just short of hook. Next bites after cleaning lines, 2 out and feeding back the third a fish hit while in hand. Flat line popped immediately as well. Boated decent bull and cow. Kept working weed line had single knock down. Got to the boat to find it was a Barracuda? Had another hard knock down with short run and got cut off. Weather started to pick up, but could see a really uniform section of grass and couldn’t leave. Picked off one more nice Bull. We called it and headed back in. Blue and White was the hot color for the day. I think several more fish could have been picked up. We only got to spend a little over an hour on the grass. Don’t want to take a ride like that again for a while. We all kinda knew what to expect, but just could wait to start the season. 3 mahi & 1 Baracuda. Will figure out how to post pics later, b/c with no pics “it didn’t happen” :smiley:

I was starting to wonder if anybody went yesterday. The edisto bouy only had 2.6 ft but it sounds like the period was bad.

Beats sittin on the hill.

just sign up for a free phtobucket account and it gives you links to paste in your pictures and links to videos as well.

here is how to get a free account

http://register.photobucket.com/step1/index

2800WA Hydra-Sports Vector
dual Yahmaha F225’s

For Sale 225DC Keywest with 225 Suzuki,
http://picasaweb.google.com/tailhunter225

quote:
Originally posted by MISSIN 4 WEEKS

Left B&B @ 5 headed for S end of EBanks. Water temp 69 degrees as expected. Pretty beat up we muscled out bearing towards 226. Spoke with EB Edisto Friday PM and learned of weed line out that way. Sure enough about 4 miles shy of 226 we got on it. Water temp 71.5-72.5. Line was a little scattered but manageable running 3 short. 1st knock down bit just short of hook. Next bites after cleaning lines, 2 out and feeding back the third a fish hit while in hand. Flat line popped immediately as well. Boated decent bull and cow. Kept working weed line had single knock down. Got to the boat to find it was a Barracuda? Had another hard knock down with short run and got cut off. Weather started to pick up, but could see a really uniform section of grass and couldn’t leave. Picked off one more nice Bull. We called it and headed back in. Blue and White was the hot color for the day. I think several more fish could have been picked up. We only got to spend a little over an hour on the grass. Don’t want to take a ride like that again for a while. We all kinda knew what to expect, but just could wait to start the season. 3 mahi & 1 Baracuda. Will figure out how to post pics later, b/c with no pics “it didn’t happen” :smiley:

Whoops on my first post. New at this and trying to do it on a blackberry. Congrats on yall’s day. We went out on Friday to the 226 and did ok. What a LONG ride back!!!

It was a hard day out there but it was nice to have the first trip under our belt. If we would have had more time to work that weed line I know we could have picked up more fish. Glad I went with the guys and Missin 4 Weeks is a great captain that got us out there and home safely in not the best conditions to fish, but we all wanted to go. Thanks for the invite and look foward to the next trip.