5-5 Lazy Rigger

do it man do it! call em out right here on al gores interweb… dont be scared now… you started this thread now finish it…fight fight fight fight

Nothing like a grand interweb fight. Get it on!

Send lawyers, guns, and money - The poop has hit the fan.

wishIwasfishin,

You think you where on that boat? Your hand has been forced? You were on that boat and you know something was FUBAR.

You looked like you were going to go to port and then swung to starboard. Is this some new technique we mortals aren’t aware of? What was the closest distance you were to that ship? Please tell me what happened from your point-of-view? If it wasn’t what it appeared to be, then let me know.

Some guys use nice radars and nice boats that belong to other people. Other guys buy their own boat and can’t afford all the electronics they want, when they want them, but are proud of their boat anyway. Maybe they are not eager to explain to a wharf rat like you, what they do and don’t have on their boats. I will tell you this, if I had all the gadgets you have on those boats, I would think I knew everything too, just like you do.

You say this matter would be put to rest if I named your boat? Well, I doubt it’s your boat. Your butt isn’t authorized to make that decision-why don’t you ask the owner if he would like that? It doesn’t matter, the whole point of my post was to vent some frustration about what I saw in the channel and make others aware of the dangers, not name someone’s boat. Why don’t YOU name the boat, if that will end it for you?

As for VHF, I chose the WWW.

At least you made me learn something, now why don’t you go force your hand up your A**! Buddy:wink:!

You betcha I have to say you are a true gentlemen by not posting the boat name till you hear their side of the story. most guys like I have seen would blast some boat and call him an idiot/yankee/rookie without even hearing the other side and then they find out what really happen and it makes them look like an idiot. Congrats on venting and not putting some business in jeopardy but letting them know how you felt. Sounds to me like what I always see happening is you have a young captain hot rodding a sporty through the rocks without any type of consideration for whats around them. Seen it everywhere I have been and it only makes them look like they should not be a captain.

From reds to marlin you got it.
2001 210 Sea Fox
2009 Yamaha F150

2009 Skeeter 24V
2009 Yamaha F300 V8
(loaded)
(Team Boat)

I smell an alias…wishIwasfishin…

My numbers are so secret even the fish don’t know where they are…

how does he know if the charter never woke up if he was on the bridge?

From reds to marlin you got it.
2001 210 Sea Fox
2009 Yamaha F150

2009 Skeeter 24V
2009 Yamaha F300 V8
(loaded)
(Team Boat)

quote:
Originally posted by 6FT. N GLASSY

do it man do it! call em out right here on al gores interweb… dont be scared now… you started this thread now finish it…fight fight fight fight

:smiley:

PG 2…

JPW

quote:
Originally posted by tqusmc22

I smell an alias…wishIwasfishin…

My numbers are so secret even the fish don’t know where they are…

i hear ya gilligan… those boyz on PN are bored to tears…you can only look at so many of EF,LBJ and kyles photo blogs and then… well…you start lashing out at people…:wink:

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Old
quote:
Originally posted by 6FT. N GLASSY

:smiley:

PG 2…

JPW

did i sat that?:wink:… ■■■■ that was some strong coffee this am…

My point is that from 400 yrds and your position how can you make these statements.If this really happened this way I would think the charter would have ran out wondering what was going on. No this is not my boat and I don’t want to name the boat because this is all BS. Sometimes I can’t believe I waste my time reading these post. Can I assume your fishing post are as accurate as this post.

Fair enough. You are right, the moon had gone down and it was dark, very dark. I have asked for some clarification as to how close you got to the boat. I am not foolish enough to believe that depth perception is not affected by the dark. It was backlit from the ship lights to some degree, but was too close in any case. You obviously have some reason to assume I was referring to the boat you were on, what is that reason? What is the event you didn’t even spill your coffee over? Thx.

I think was us because we saw you pull back near the green cans. and slid between you and the steamer. We were the only larger sporty in the jetties besides yourself when the steamer was dead in the middle of the jetties. The steamer would have cleared the jetties before any other boats could have encounterd the steamer. When the steamer pased we turned toward his wake to take it head on. Then pulled back to put the curtains down. I believe it was us because you shined your spotkihgt on our bridge and we wondered what you were doing we thought you might need some assistance but heard nothing on the radio so we pushed on.I think the only part of your post that was accurate was yes the capt. is a profesional and carries himself like one at all times. Comments like he was taking a “steamer” are just stuppid. I am glad to hear that you might have been mistakin what you really saw.

quote:
Originally posted by wishIwasfishin

I think was us because we saw you pull back near the green cans. and slid between you and the steamer. We were the only larger sporty in the jetties besides yourself when the steamer was dead in the middle of the jetties. The steamer would have cleared the jetties before any other boats could have encounterd the steamer. When the steamer pased we turned toward his wake to take it head on. Then pulled back to put the curtains down. I believe it was us because you shined your spotkihgt on our bridge and we wondered what you were doing we thought you might need some assistance but heard nothing on the radio so we pushed on.I think the only part of your post that was accurate was yes the capt. is a profesional and carries himself like one at all times. Comments like he was taking a “steamer” are just stuppid. I am glad to hear that you might have been mistakin what you really saw.

This is THE only truthful post I’ve seen on this article