7/19 Cooper Redfish (Pics)

Took my youngest son out to my super secret “walk to” spot on the Cooper for a little fishing. We threw the net and put 2 dozen finger mullet into the bait bucket and had almost 2 pounds of fresh shrimp. Fished several rods with multiple baits, but the shrimp was the bait of choice today. Not one hit on live mullet or cut mullet. Did catch a huge menhaden in the net though @ about a pound. He had the hot hand today and schooled the old man. His first fish was right at 18 1/2" with a pinched tail. Second fish was almost a twin to the first @ 18 1/2", but fat. After fileting, found out she had a whole crab in her belly. Last fish of the day was a pig @ 28" and about 9 lbs. All fish were caught on dead shrimp on a Carolina rig, fished on the bottom. Fished the last 2 hours of the incoming tide, about 10 feet off the bank in 4’ +/- of water. Another great day of fishing with my son. He had a grin the whole time he was fighting the fish!

Twin 18 1/2" reds. Note the belly on the left fish.

28" beast.

19’ Sea-Pro CC
Yamaha 115 - 2 stroke

Good Job Tex!

Fishing on the bottom is like having sex with the lights turned off. It feels good… but I wanna see it.
Lights On!

All the world is indeed a stage…and we are merely players.

2002 Sea Hunt Triton 210
150 Yammy SS II