8/10 AM

I put in at Paradise around daylight looking for my first Top water experience. Well my uniformed top water lure purchase ended up being a suspended 2-4’ lure so I ended up with zero on that try. The shrimp were out in force but I also forgot my bait bucket so I kept a few alive in the kayak and decided to push on. The Reds were thick in the 1-2’ of water I was fishing and ended up hooking up with three on a cork but could only bring one to the boat. It was a monumental fight in shallow water but I eventually prevailed! Unfortunately the pig swallowed the hook. It swam off fine after a few minutes but I’m sure it didn’t end well. I will probably switch to circle hooks under a cork from now on. Are circle hooks the norm under popping corks now or is it just preference?[URL=http://s186.photobucket.com/user/rdsutherlin/media/red_zpsd174ae36.jpg.html]

[/URL]

R.D.S. IV
Caster 12.5

Nice fish and he may be just fine unless he was bleeding a lot. Yes, circle hooks under floats.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I use circle hooks anytime I’m using live/cut bait. Whether it be on the bottom or under a cork.

2007 Pioneer 17’5 Baysport

2012 Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles”

where is paradise at

Which way do you head from the ramp? Try a zara spook jr, or a bomber badonkadonk for topwater plugs. Yeah a 1/0-3/0 circle is standard, it really varies based on bait size

14’ Skiff-“Redfish Reaper”