90's era 25hp OMC

I’m looking for a lower unit from a 1990’s era John/Rude, 25hp with the through prop exhaust.
If anyone has an old motor that doesn’t run anymore and wants to part it out, I’d be interested in the lower unit.
Thanks.

15 or 20"

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org

15" Chris,
Currently the only problem is I can’t get the unit to shift into forward. Only Reverse and Neutral.
It wasn’t like that until I removed the unit. I think I may have bent the fork trying to remove the unit. Today I am going to start going into the rear of the lower unit, If I can find a replacement for reasonable amount of money, it may save me a lot of headaches trying to repair this one.

218WA Sailfish
200 Verado
The "Penn"sion Plan

Sounds like you may just be a spline off on the shifting shaft.

‘87 Pacemaker 31’ SF
‘04 Renegade 29’ 2 225’s
‘97 Maycraft 17’ 40 hp

This one uses the “up/down” method of shifting, not the rotation type like most new models.
The disengagement mechanism is located in the waterpump intake. The shifter rod moves up for forward and down for reverse.
I’ve just got the carrier removed. (the part that houses the two needle bearings). Now trying to figure out how to remove the rest of the gear assembly.

218WA Sailfish
200 Verado
The "Penn"sion Plan

OK, figured it out. Little help from an old friend and some you tube time and there it was. The problem is that when I applied too much pressure trying to remove the lower unit (before I found how to seperate the shift linkage) I deformed the linkage dog. Now to get new parts and we’ll be back in business. The little finger on the right is not supposed to be bent out like it is.:smiley:

218WA Sailfish
200 Verado
The "Penn"sion Plan

I would have blamed that on the wife.You’re a better man than I. Glad you have it figured out. Got an old 60’s model if it will help ya. i’m in Batesburg.

‘87 Pacemaker 31’ SF
‘04 Renegade 29’ 2 225’s
‘97 Maycraft 17’ 40 hp

Thanks Matt,
I got the lower unit put back together Wednesday evening. Shifts real smooth now.
I actually bent the finger back to it’s original position and then welded it where it had cracked. Put some real pressure on it while it was in the vise and it’s pretty stout! That little yoke was $60 by itself!!!
All that’s left is to put the new water pump in and she should be ready for AR-Kansas.

218WA Sailfish
200 Verado
The "Penn"sion Plan

Sounds great.

‘87 Pacemaker 31’ SF
‘04 Renegade 29’ 2 225’s
‘97 Maycraft 17’ 40 hp