Bushy spot tail

They was hitting it pretty good today. The population and size sure has improved since they started regulating them.Does anyone know when saltwater fishing licenses started?

3 Likes

Only reason I remember 1992 was that I got a free pass by DNR for not having a saltwater stamp, the license came out in 2002.

Here’s a cool summary of it Sman.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/magazine/articles/julyaug2014/swlicense.html

2 Likes

At least as far back as 1963 because I have one my grandfather was issued that year. I’d have to look but I think it was $3.

1 Like

Yessir! You have to love those trips. Need to get on the river soon! What were they eating?

Tequila sunrise worm on a red eye strike jig head until they tore that up and then I put on a trout trick that was in the bottom of the boat. I think they would have bit anything.Would have probably tried some other lures but it started raining and my arm was getting sore.

Was the water dirty? It’s bad dirty here

I wish I’d tied on a skitter walker.Usually have one rigged up but I didn’t get out there at daybreak.Would have been nice to get one on top water since I have not done that in a year or so.Oh well,heckuva nice short trip.

1 Like

Not bad dirty after the water started running hard.

1 Like