Not sure I like Jack Daniels anymore

I was first introduced to “Mr. Jack” on a fire base many long years ago. We have shared many triumphs and tragedies over the years. However, I have recently decided to change my number one choice of brown liquor. I am looking for suggestions from this knowledgeable and esteemed crowd.

Suggestions?
Thanks

Jim Beam is my choice.

Budget per handle?

Around 30 bucks for the 1 3/4 liter bottle. I could be talked into closer to 45 for “the good stuff”. I got to fess up that my whiskey is non-taxed.

Buffalo Trace

Russels Reserve

Blantons

High West

WhistlePig

The PX should have loads of goodies, and if available join a bourbon club, thats the absolute best way to learn on the cheap

1 Like

Id have to go with mixed and the Jim Beam. I always liked that over Jack. the oak flavor is more than i care for.

Don’t get the regular r&r get the R&R reserve, not as sweet. $19.00 a handle. It’s blended and doesn’t have the strong charcoal taste. Not bad straight on ice, but I usually add a splash of diet Pepsi.

Let us all know what you decide on.

I had a friend turn me on to Henry McKenna…very budget friendly (<25$/handle). Perfect for a daily drinker or if you have friends that are going to mix it anyway. I like it straight just fine. High west and Buffalo Trace are my favorites on the next shelf up.

1 Like

Thanks for your input.

Rrrrrrrrrr, good day matey, I gots too much sea spray in me blood now to veer away from Captain Morgan

not necessary to have eye patch, parrot or peg leg

Hey Ponds,it took liquor to bring you out,I think you’re gonna fit in well.Welcome and just so you know,if everyone likes you, they may hang a nickname on you.Watch out for Bay,he’s a scurvy dog with his rum but I like Jim or Evan.

1 Like

Never took you for a captain morgan drinker. Not too bad, I don’t mind it with a little diet mountain dew.

Your the same ages as my youngest daughter. Glad to have you back on. Not a lot of the young folk drinking bourbon other than crown that I see.

What ponds you like fishing?

Hey! I resemble that remark! I’m gonna put me eyepatch on me good eye, hop over to the bar for anudder swig and smack the parrot on me way back to the captain’s chair. Ahoy mate!

I don’t really fish a lot of ponds, though I grew (20+years ago) up doing that every chance I had in mt pleasant, until we got to be of driving age and had access to vehicles and jon boats; then my dad got us a family boat…then it was all saltwater. I live in the Ponds neighborhood in Summerville now. Been busy, as we all are, but getting back into fishing more frequently now. This may make me guilty by association, but the infamous PeaPod is a family friend and was a fishing mentor to me growing up : ).

Oh my.When the bad folks all get together at night, they all call Peapod boss. I have to admit,Captain Morgan is great to sip on when I drink beer!

Loll. Yup…looking forward to reconnecting with the original members as well as newcomers.

George Dickel. The only “Whisky” from Tennessee.

If’n you like Kaintuck, then Woodford Reserve, Ky. Straight Malt Whiskey is good. Elijah Craig is good.
Amador is good too . Also Chattanooga Whiskey. There’s so many more

Try Ezra Brooks. Smooth! Relatively inexpensive. My favorite!

1 Like

Never had that… will give it a try! Been a bit. You doing well I hope! whiskey brings out the best in some… the worst in others.

Early Times. Just found at a bar in Columbia. $25 and ■■■■ good. Same distillery’s as woodford.