A couple of SC firsts

My son and I took a short trip this afternoon only armed with artificial baits. For the first time we turned right up river with my first SC freshwater license hot off the printer. Fished two spots and the third was a charm. With a pearl chatterbait I caught a fish that I have caught hundreds, if not a thousand of times before. However, this was my first in SC; a striper! Next cast from my son he had his first one as well, albeit a little bigger than mine:angry:. He caught his second before mine and I quickly changed to what he was using…a pearl with green chartreuse salt water assassin paddle tail. We ended up battling back and forth. Final tally was son 4, dad 6 plus a lone trout. All were in the 14-17" range.

Iain Pelto
Sea Hunt Triton 160 w/ 90 ETEC “JB3”
Native Manta Ray 14

A great day and a memory that will last forever. Nothing beats riverine striper!

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
Personal Trout Slot Limit: 16"-20" Creel: 2

Thats a good spot for those every once in a while. I got into them there on topwater.

Nice!

I’ve been trying to get my dad to go chase stripers in the Ashley for a while now. I love that DNR is stocking them in there.

I wonder how trolling would do?

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

Great job Dad!

j