A Place to Watch the Game

We (me, the wife and my youngest son) are coming down to Charleston for CofC Family Weekend. We are staying at the Embassy Suites out near the airport and want to be able to watch the Carolina game Saturday night. Does anyone know of a place we can eat/drink a little and watch the game in a somewhat family friendly environment?

Thanks

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Buffalo Wild wings or any other sports grills should have a game playing & not have a rowdy crowd.

Buffalo Wild Wings and Jim 'N Nicks are in the area(Tanger Outlet Mall).

D, there is also a Southside 17 restaurant in Tanger…no more of a “bar” than Buffalo Wild wings plus the food is better…service is a little slow though…lots of tables and a bunch of TVs…all of these are 3 mins from Embassy Suites…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Embassy Suites. pffft

can’t hide $

Kickin Chicken

quote:
can't hide $

I am staying way out there because I couldn’t afford anything closer.

If I wasn’t going to be in Columbia, you guys could come over to the house.

King street grill can be a fun place to watch a game too. We go to that one in Citadel Mall when we’re shopping the, but theres one 304 King Street and one in north chuck at that mall too. Downtown would be the best atmosphere.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Just put a key under the mat and beer in the fridge,we’ll clean up…

[URL=http://s182.photobucket.com/user/rattlesnakeroot/media/Blogger%203/Deathmobile_.gif.html]

[/URL]

If you go back a few miles there is a new carolina alehouse at exit 199 summerville. It’s right near the interchange

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
President, Summerville Saltwater Anglers

Thanks guys, just looking for a little guidance so we don’t accidentally walk in to a Blue Oyster. I’m kinda bummed about leaving Columbia this weekend as my 12 year old wants to go to gameday but we made our plans to come down weeks ago so that’s where we’ll be.

The only problem i have with buffalo wild wings is they allow smoking inside.
Southside has tons of TVs.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

excellent point Fish…do you dislike the food as much as I do? wings are weak, and don’t even venture over to the burger side…crap tasted like cardboard with mayo…

DF - Go to Southside 17 at Tanger. Big place with lots of TV’S. Josh the manager is a great guy and will take care of you if he is working. Close to where you are staying. Or BIG GAMECOCK bar and restaurant in West Ashley is The Roost in Avondale. Can’t go wrong either place. Roost is about 15 minute drive from where you staying.
Hope this helps!
Victor
SAKATUMI TRAE
19’ SEA PRO CC // 150 HP YAMAHA

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

excellent point Fish…do you dislike the food as much as I do? wings are weak, and don’t even venture over to the burger side…crap tasted like cardboard with mayo…

Never eaten in there. Couldn’t get past the smoke, so I have never been back.

If it is smokey, it definitely is not for me. Southside 17 or Carolina Alehouse sounds ust fine. I have eaten at Buff Wild Wings twice and been underwhelmed both times.

i second hand smoke a carton a week.

That’s because you are too cheap to buy your own smokes. I shudder to think about where your beer comes from.

check out Southside 17’s signature burgers…https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southside-17-Tanger-Outlets/1460152800876499?sk=app_117784394919914
they have Bonzo beer and PeaPod beer there…

The King Street Grills have tvs almost wall to wall.

Is Tommy Hardens still open in West Ashley? That’s a big college ball game watching place…or used to be.

Reds Icehouse on Shem Creek has TV’s at the bar areas.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC