A random sampling...

A walk after dinner last night.

A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

• Flatscaster

Nice jeremy. I think I see a ghost in the window :0

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

Thanks man!

A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

• Flatscaster

If someone looted that cabin what would they do with the loot:question: Maybe take it to the local Pawn Shop and get some money for Crack:question:

That’s great stuff. What was the feeling like in that abandoned cabin and do you know any history? That would be amazing.

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

If someone looted that cabin what would they do with the loot:question:

That would be pretty difficult, as it is nearly impossible to get there.

• Flatscaster
quote:
Originally posted by Vinman

Do you know any history?

Those are a few pics from Scott’s Terra Nova hut and Shackleton’s Nimrod hut. Plenty of history on both.

Scott’s hut, from Wiki:

Scott’s Hut is a building located on the north shore of Cape Evans on Ross Island in Antarctica. It was erected in 1911 by the British Antarctic Expedition of 1910?1913 (also known as the Terra Nova Expedition) led by Robert Falcon Scott. In selecting a base of operations for the 1910?1913 Expedition, Scott rejected the notion of re-occupying the hut he had built by McMurdo Sound during the Discovery Expedition of 1901?1904. This first hut was located at Hut Point, 20 km south of Cape Evans. Two factors influenced this decision. One was that the hut was extremely cold for living quarters and the other was that Scott’s ship, the Discovery, had been trapped by sea ice at Hut Point, a problem he hoped to avoid by establishing his new base further north.
Some confusion arises because Discovery Hut can technically be referred to as ‘Scott’s’ Hut, in that his expedition built it, and it was his base ashore during the 1901?1904 expedition, but the title ‘Scott’s Hut’ popularly belongs to the building erected in 1911 at Cape Evans.

Scott’s Hut was prefabricated in England before being brought south by ship. It is rectangular, 50 feet (15 m) long and 25 feet (7.6 m) wide. Insulation was provided by seaweed sewn into a quilt, placed between double-planked inner and outer walls. The roof was a sandwich of three layers of plank and 2 layers of rubber ply enclosing more quilted seaweed. Lighting was provided by acetylene gas, and heating came from the kitchen and a supplementary stove using coal as fuel. Apsley Cherry-Garrard wrote that the hut was divided into separate areas for sleeping and working by a bulkhead

Thanks. Incredible. I wonder what a bottle of that whiskey would go for?! Just amazing and thanks for sharing.

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

About $150, plus shipping. I’ve had a taste, it’s not bad.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/shackletons-whisky-mackinlays-rare-old-highland-malt/

• Flatscaster

Didn’t they find a whole case of booze under the floor boards of one of those huts? Seems to be I remembered reading about it. They took it out and sent it to NZ or somewhere for testing and then put it back where they found it!

Yep, that’s the whiskey we are talking about. The company was given, I believe, two bottles of it. One they tested so they could make more, and the other was never opened.

• Flatscaster

This evening…

• Flatscaster

My phone never rang… Well maybe it did, but I was on the flat and wouldn’t have answered it any who. Got a nice 27 in in the grass tonight… lots of water! Spent the rest of the night trying to get Tee on a slotty, but nothing was doing. Mainly cruisers, two or the good tails. Saw 15 ish total. There’s about a 45 minute window tomorrow night at my place if you wanna…I got em patterned purdy good now.

www.baturinphotography.com

• Flatscaster

From the beach…

• Flatscaster

Great stuff.

Keep 'em coming, jerms.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

Fine work gentlemen! You guys sure can take some badazz pictures!

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

(**() You, Jerms!

I have a thousand shots of seagulls and not a single pic has any personality. Worse, most of them were taken in the era of chemical film and each failed attempt cost me a little $$$. Each pic whittled away at photography aspirations as it took another few a little cash.

Seriously, though. Nice stuff.
Thanks.

17’ Henry O Hornet
26’ Palmer Scott

From yesterday…

• Flatscaster

Way up high.

• Flatscaster