A rant, a rave and a nature question

On SI at sunrise yesterday with the dogs.
Came across about 75 yards of braid still attached to a sinker and baited hook. I was trying to be charitable and assumed maybe they broke of but then I saw this pile of bait. Who the hell leaves line, and a baited hook like that?

We waded out to a sandbar and wile I was showing my wife the nifty iphone pocket in my shorts it fell out into about 3’ of water. It was gone, we looked for it for 30 mins but the wind and tide was moving and i couldn’t see more than 2" below the surface. About 6 hours later get a text from a friend that someone had found my phone and they were at Dunleavys! Long story short a young lady out with her family stepped on it, managed to get the last text i sent, and the rest is history. phone works perfectly, even the speaker, love the waterproof Iphone 7.

So, on the sandbar we saw a lot of these saucer shaped mounds. One of my dogs pawed it and it sunk, something was alive under it. can anyone tell me what they are, horseshoe crabs was my best guess?

who knows on the braid,hook and weight? Can’t believe gulls did not get the bait. Most not have been there long.

You must have a huge horse shoe in your back pocket to get your phone back! Glad you did.

On the mounds not sure, but most likely not horseshoe crabs. With those rasckles they will put their tail straight up in defense mode if threatened and heaven forbid the person that steps down on it.

“Why Bruce?”

Hey Doc,don’t worry about the mounds,it’s just air trapped under the sand.

You probably oughta buy a few scratchoffs today. Assman can tell you where the hot retail outlets are

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

Big T’s in Goose Creek on 176

Back in June I was walking on the Folly Pier, saw a couple of Hispanic looking gentlemen fishing a rig identical to that. Must’ve had a pound of shrimp baited up on each setup, each leader with hooks were probably 4’-5’ long.

Be interesting if it’s the same guys.

Looks like they lost the coke bottle reel!

quote:
Originally posted by sman

Hey Doc,don’t worry about the mounds,it’s just air trapped under the sand.

Thanks sman, and oh, my user name is my initials, david , richard, not a Doc - would hate to get asked some emergency medical advice based on my screen name :slight_smile:
cheers

Dang, I hoping to get some free medical advice.Oh well I should have known better than to assume.

It’s the internets. Don’t sell yourself short. You can be an MD on here.

On here…

DF’S a law enforcement officer, Bonzo’s a meteorologist, 23’s a college football expert, Easy’s in Mensa, assman catches fish.

The Sky’s the limit. So don’t say you’re not a doctor

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

That’s gold Pod. I’m still laughing #128514;

Can I get permission to use that as my signature?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

It’s the internets. Don’t sell yourself short. You can be an MD on here.

On here…

DF’S a law enforcement officer, Bonzo’s a meteorologist, 23’s a college football expert, Easy’s in Mensa, assman catches fish.

The Sky’s the limit. So don’t say you’re not a doctor

Ha ha, love it. Isn’t 23 the meteorologist tho? He was super up to date
on Irmas path.