A simple and free way to check ancestory

No, I am not…certain :frowning:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Vinman, thank you for posting this. Its got me interested in looking at my family tree more, even if it is a lot of work and doesn’t go straight up like Optiker’s with no branches…

www.baturinphotography.com

i hope you get banded for libeling a sponsor.

:smiley::smiley:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Photo of my Great Great Grandparents dating to the late 1800’s I’m sure. It was on there. My paternal grandma’s side (where this photo comes from) was French and someone traced them back to landing in New Orleans in the 1740’s, including their parents names back in France. They were actually of some prominence and a documented player by the Revolutionary war in the St. Louis area.

A club member whose wife does genealogy as a passionate hobby donated her research as an auction item for the SSWA Oyster Roast. Extremely nice of her and I can’t wait for the results! I won it for our kids figuring they won’t lay all of the genetic blame on me!

Who knew Opti’s family tree was bamboo!

Pod, buy your jigheads like the rest of us schmucks! All proceeds go to Dabo’s next contract. Do your part and quit sucking up.

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

This took me a generation farther than I had knowledge of before, and gave me a contact of a distant relative who had even more information. Thanks for posting, great link.

Find a grave is good if the information is correct. I have had a subscription to Ancestry for a few years now. I don’t really go by the trees that people have made on there, but I look for clues then I go looking for source documents. Even those can get hairy at times.

I am originally from Virginia(Trying to get back), and wherever the Air Force sent me, has made my last 20 years or so of searching hard at times. To make matters worse, the civil war took it’s toll on the records when courthouses was burned to the ground.

I will say that ancestry has had birth, marriage, and death certificates added this last year and it has helped back up some of my research, but sometimes that can be misleading also.

I could steer you in the right way if I can if my time allows me since I am a full time student, I should be able to ply a couple of hours in.

The wife cringes everytime I say the “F” word.</font id=“blue”>