Abacos

Going in July. Been once before and did some island hopping. Any suggestions on places to go, snorkel, visit, not visit, contacts, etc…would be appreciated. Thanks

How you getting there? I’m going to Green Turtle Cay in August and haven’t booked flights yet. Sorry if I’m misdirecting your thread.

Not quite sure which island you will be on however the Abacos are my favorite out of the places I have been. You must rent a boat- 17ft and up will do fine according to how many of you there are. I would suggest: 1. On Sunday go to Nippers on Guana Cay for lunch/brunch. Fun time and if you want to party you can or if you want live music, food and to chill that’s possible as well. 2. Boat down to Cracker P’s n Lubber’s Quarters Cay. Beautiful boat ride and very unique place -lots of character. 3. Take the wife to Albury’s Sail Shop on Man O War Cay and you can watch seamstress’ sew luggage/purses and buy one in their shop. It’s cooler than it sounds. 4. Go to Hopetown on Elbow Cay for lunch or to walk around. Plus, while there visit the lighthouse that makes so many postcard pictures. 5. Snorkel around the Man O War and Sandy Cay - you will see the buoys marked on the chart or ask the locals. Great reefs there just be careful going in and out b/c it is shallow!7. Green Turtle Cay is a great place - nice hotel/resort there with a shop or two. Hope that helps. By the way, to get to Green Turtle (which I have been to a couple times and you are gong to love) fly into Marsh Harbor and get on a Ferry to the island. The hotel at GT can set it up.

As an aside, if I am blessed enough to retire it will be a real toss-up for me between Charleston and the Abacos. I have been a dozen times to the Abacos and I can’t wait to go back.

Sorry for late post…Thanks for the info!!

Green Turtle is my favorite place…Red Snapper at the hotel restaurant is excellent.

How was your trip to the Abacos?

quote:
Originally posted by greenhornet

Going in July. Been once before and did some island hopping. Any suggestions on places to go, snorkel, visit, not visit, contacts, etc…would be appreciated. Thanks