Academy sports and igloo cooler

My $19.Probably at least 15 year old igloo cooler. That’s road around in the back of my truck, been shrimping many a Time is about give out.
We stopped by academy sports last night and picked up another igloo. Not $19 the one thing I noticed much better way to keep from losing the drain cap. But yet why do they continue to put the drain about 3/4 in too high to drain all the water.

At the checkout. Held up my ID, said military. The lady said we only do seasonal military discounts. WTH???
Google that sure enough. Get a chance I’m going to sit down and write an email to academy. Asking them to explain the seasonal thing. But for the time being probably won’t be going to academy anymore.

Went to one here in Columbia to look at a pistol. Asked to take a look and the guy opens the display, pulls it out and hands it to me. It has a trigger lock on it so I asked him to take it off. He says, “We’re not allowed to take those off until you buy it”. “So, I can’t dry-fire the weapon”? I asked. He said, “No, and its bad to do that anyway”. WOW, talk about being clueless. I handed the pistol back to him, said thanks and walked away. As much as businesses say that are hurting, they certainly don’t seem to be helping themselves.