Add Water to Bourbon? Fred, Easy looky hyah

some commie rag is trying to trick us. this feels like fake news.

some of my bourbon cost upwards of $10 for a fifth. no way I’m cuttin it with water.

what say you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4798664/Always-water-whisky-smell-taste-enhanced.html

Why the key to the perfect whisky is WATER: Diluting the spirit helps to release the distinctive smoky taste and smell
A compound called guaiacol adds to the distinctive flavour and smell of whisky
When it is at the surface it is more able to give off desirable smoky aromas
Before bottling, whisky is diluted to around 40 per cent alcohol by volume
‘In France they actually store their wine in oak barrels so there are guaiacol molecules in their red wine’, lead author Björn Karlsson told MailOnline

This is just wrong all the way around

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Someone has some excess time on his hands. Besides, cutting that Heaven Hill with water could only help.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

PeePal is just covering his arse… Word is he supplies water down whiskey anytime he has guests over…

RBF

LOL You are a mess Pee pod!

I know when we made some shine we would dilute it to 90 proof with water from the Healing Springs in Blackville, S.C. Anything stronger than 90 is just too harsh on the throat and stomach!

I dilute my R&R reserve with diet pepsi. Bill’s liqueur in Summerville seems to have the best price @ $16.99 1/2 gallon.

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

I dilute my R&R reserve with diet pepsi. Bill’s liqueur in Summerville seems to have the best price @ $16.99 1/2 gallon.

Well that’s just an obnoxious price for Pepsi…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

[quote]Originally posted by Fred67

I know when we made some shine we would dilute it to 90 proof with water from the Healing Springs in Blackville, S.C. Anything stronger than 90 is just too harsh on the throat and stomach!

Rookies!!! Good 90proof goes down pretty easy.

Cheap stuff goes into soda, average stuff goes into water, the great stuff goes into hiding…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Cheap stuff goes into soda, average stuff goes into water, the great stuff goes into hiding…

RBF

Pro Tip right there.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:

RBF

Pro Tip right there.

Get a woman to drink whiskey with you, and the following will occur:

Cheap stuff, she’ll share her body;
Average stuff, she’ll share her thoughts;
Great stuff, she’ll share her soul…

RBF

quote:
quote:
quote:

RBF

Pro Tip right there.

RBF

You will definitely be out of stuff sooner…no mater which stuff.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

RBF

Pro Tip right there.

RBF

You will definitely be out of stuff sooner…no mater which stuff.

That’s why RBF buys the cheap stuff… It’ll get’em to the crux of a man’s needs without all that cuddling crap that PeePal does afterwards…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Reeldawg

[quote]Originally posted by Fred67

Rookies!!! Good 90proof goes down pretty easy.

That’s the point of the diet pepsi… I don’t usually get the Good 90 proof. but I do use more bourbon than Pepsi.

“Why Bruce?”

I actually like adding water. In the form of ice.
Fred- I was talking about the 90proof moonshine burning. Not the drinker. Lol

What can I add to Sterno squeesins, to make it taste better:question: I already add some food coloring to it and call it Bourbon! Most of my friends can’t tell the difference and when they come over again,they have trouble even seeing the bottle!

a match!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

What can I add to Sterno squeesins, to make it taste better:question: I already add some food coloring to it and call it Bourbon! Most of my friend can’t tell the difference and when they come over again,they have trouble even seeing the bottle!

This explains a lot. Can’t believe you pulled this on me

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

What can I add to Sterno squeesins, to make it taste better:question: I already add some food coloring to it and call it Bourbon! Most of my friend can’t tell the difference and when they come over again,they have trouble even seeing the bottle!

Add some rubbing alcohol, aqua velva, and mouth wash. That really enhances sterno squeesins. and if you develop stomach ulcers you can alway drink backwards…

“Why Bruce?”