All By Myself!

Took a half day off and went and tried my luck! My buddy backed out on me and another was already fishing so I headed it up solo! Started off in clouter was only catching dinks, so I moved on over to fatrat creek I mean goose creek :sunglasses:after fishing 4 or so spots found one to finish off my bait with! Ended up catching 6 spottail 2 in the slot and 4 trout only one big enough! Big enough he is, personal best! 21.5! Everything caught on live mulls on the bottom but I was casting a TT and paddlerz in between the entire time, had one good strike yank the TT down the hook! Missed several bites while casting and a bottom rig went off but it kept me busy :sunglasses:

my personal best trout, right at 21.5 pinched

and this is why you have to be careful with the tide if you put in at Westvaco Park! The StumpNocker makes it no prob but most boats have a tougher time lol

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

I enjoy fishing by myself occasionally. My best day ever was by myself and I kept wishing someone was there to share it with me though.

I have been known to anchor up in a small creek and catch a few zzzzzzz’z on the bow.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Haha! I really enjoyed it to be honest. Although setting up and breaking down my ‘stick it’ anchors, catching bait, and missing bites had me wishing I had some help! I did really need the timeout, and catching some fish was just a plus!

My new favorite picture ever!

www.baturinphotography.com

Nice work stump. Great trout! That was born just after our last cold winter

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
Personal Trout Slot Limit: 16"-20" Creel: 2

Nice job congratulations on the trout!

I’ve caught my best several times already this fall it looks like we are all in for some good fishing.

“Work is for people who don’t know how to fish”

2005 180 Flats Fox w/115 Yamaha 4 stroke
1996 1436 War Eagle w/25 Evinrude 2 stroke

Nice!

In my best George Thorogood voice:

“When I fish alone, I prefer to be my myself”

…couldn’t resist

Congrats StumpNocker, They’re in that hole but few and far in between. Thats a Fat one there. I’m considering using finger mullet but I suck at casting.

“Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education”

18’ CC SeaFox

23, you know being a pro that the best pics are taken while the subject is unaware, well I was cleaning the lens on my cam and my finger slipped and I heard it snap the shot and never looked at it til the trip was over! :smiley:

Opti, how can you tell that? Is that a rule of thumb according to size or are you pullin my leg?

FR, a few minutes on some youtube vids and a little practice you can throw a cast net like a champ! Or I could come throw if for ya sometime hahaha

thanks yall!

That pic of the one red looks like me after Sunday lunch. That’s a fat bugger to be 16".

18’ Hewes Bayfisher/115 4 Stroke Yamaha/6’Powerpole, etc

Nice job!

I agree on the girth of that second red. What a greedy pig! I bet he’s stuffed full of menhaden and shrimp!

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

Vanilla Ice 20 years later! If there was a problem, yo I’ll solve it, check out my hook while the trizzie…

nice work

quote:
Originally posted by StumpNocker Opti, how can you tell that? Is that a rule of thumb according to size or are you pullin my leg?

Not pulling your leg at all!

A 21.5" trout is almost certainly a 4 yr old female, as males top out at about that length at age 8 or 9.

Our last “bad” trout kill winter was 2010 so I stand corrected that trout born after that should be 18-19" now (approx 3 yrs old)

So there are two possibilities: The trout you caught is one of the trout that survived the 2010 winter, or the forage has been good enough for the 3 yr old trout to grow that much.

All I know is that there has been a population of 19-22" trout that I (and others that I know) have been catching in the past year, and trout bigger than that are pretty rare.

It seems that very few trout survived the Winter of 2009 but surely some did.

Anyway?.nice trout :sunglasses:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
Personal Trout Slot Limit: 16"-20" Creel: 2

Sure it was all by yourself or was it them special bait I gave you

“Just one more cast”
Key west 196 bay reef

That’s one hell of a mug haha! Good job buddy!

Nice trout man

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Nice trout man

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

I love fishing by my self. Dont have to worry about boat positioning w trolling motor, other person crossing your line, etc. But, it is nice to have someone to share the experience w, take pics and help w expenses. Congrats on the catch man!

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

I agree jimmy!! Thanks all yall too btw, and for the wisdon Opti that’s good stuff to know!