All Rise Report 12-Jun-2011 (Pics and short video)

Left Manning at 4:30 heading to Georgetown. Met up with the crew and dropped the All Rise over board. She was heavy this morning. 6 guys 4 dive tanks and all our gear. Oh, we had a lady angler too but she did not add much to the payload.:wink: Ran through the jetties and were greeted with a clam ocean but a big swell right on the nose. Most of the waves were like a roller coaster but there were a few steep ones with out backs that got the 250s barking at us.

Made good time to hole and set the trap. With in a few minutes we had a dolphin in the box and things were looking good. Another rod goes down and we are at 2. Then it was over? Got real dead real quick. Made the call to push out so with the lady in the bean bags on the bow and the crew standing on the gunnel we pushed offshore. Chunky and Pross spot a weedline and we head to it. Soon as we get close rods start going down. Picked at them there for a bit and Haywood spots another patch on the horizon. As we approach the flyers are jumping everywhere. It sure looks Fishy! I turn just in time to see the spread explode! Green torpedoes darting through the baits! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! FISH ON! DOUBLE! TRIPLE! Everything is getting hit. Fish are jumping over everything. Chunky, Haywood, Pross, LnsMarine, Grayson, and Garrett are doing the cockpit dance!

Man I love that!:smiley:

Very short video should give you the idea.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g208/scothran/?action=viewt=118_0413.mp4

Called Holt-On on the radio to get him into the action.
Stayed with them for a while then made the call to go blow some bubbles.

Diving was a bit slow but we found some lobster and a grouper. Pross worked the porgies and sea bass while Lns and I suited up.

Good day on the water great friends to spend the day with.

Hot color was a bright mulit-colored bait Jeremy from Atlantic Game and Tackle hooked us up with. It always seemed to be the first rod hit. I need to buy some more from him. The Maui loved it!

Ended

Awesome report. That a killler mixed bag of goodies!

Good deal, we are looking at Wednesday how about ya’ll?

“Zoo Crew”
Sailfish 2660 w/twin Yamaha 150’s

Good going Scooty!!

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

www.joinrfa.orgGod is GOOD!! ALL the time!!
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.
The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
</font id=“blue”>

Great day! Nice variety of catch there.

I hope can go Wed, the work thing might mess me up.

Zoo Crew, not sure when our next trip will be. Maybe this weekend. I have a couple of work committments to take care of this week.

Lyn and Fishnbarrels thanks for the compliments. It was a fun day. Best cockpit I have had all year. Had 5 big fish on at once and we methodically put each one in the boat. Had to do some dipping and diving but we kept them all buttoned up. Had the biggest fish on one of the smallest rod. We went sporty style and backed down on him. Chunky dove over the starboard to stick him with the gaff.

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

great job what was the water temperature there

quote:
Originally posted by empty pockets 2

great job what was the water temperature there

Not only a mess of fish but a mess of fun ! Glad ya got em .

Glad ya’ll had a good day!

Don’t forget that my boat is out of commission. If you need somebody to ride down from the upstate call me.

Cape Horn 24OS
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,
I just want 1 dollar more than I can spend!

I can always sense the enthusiasm in your posts, Scott! Good job! Let me know when you’re headed out so we can meet up out there, perhaps. My crew is planning for Saturday at the moment. Work commitments and this fiscal year end thing end of this month are seriously intefering with my offshore fishing…

31 Contender
Carolina Skiff J16

Very nice report!

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

Good goin Scoot.

Scootin,is that you scootin.

Scoutin everybody misses a gaff shot! Even you:wink:

" All Rise" 31 Contender

quote:
Originally posted by Chunky Dunk

Scoutin everybody misses a gaff shot! Even you:wink:

" All Rise" 31 Contender

Yea but i don’t have to tell the www about my mistakes. :smiley:

I missed 2 gaff shots on sun…next time I think Haywood needs to stay regular crew on the Holt On. I will ride along on the All Rise, learn about gaffing, trolling, and catching fish. Its a win/win for all…get to sleep late and catch fish.

very nice, I will trade you some Mahi #s for lobster #s!

If it got any better I couldn’t stand it.

Charliehorse, Haywood was on the Boat exchange program for the past two years. We sent him to study abroad and bring back the intel. He his back home now.:smiley:

For the record you are welcome ANY time on the AR. We can tell Captain One Slinger jokes all day!

Bug Catcher, it is getting to the dog days/time to blow bubbles. Lets get together and get some!!

quote:
Originally posted by h20gul

I can always sense the enthusiasm in your posts, Scott! Good job! Let me know when you’re headed out so we can meet up out there, perhaps. My crew is planning for Saturday at the moment. Work commitments and this fiscal year end thing end of this month are seriously intefering with my offshore fishing…

31 Contender
Carolina Skiff J16

Heading your way to fish on the Freeman Cat this weekend. You still going??