All you gear heads what is this noise

I agree with your thoughts on the quality of Jasper, but we have a mutual friend, (mechanic) who has put a Jasper engine, and transmission, in this truck.
They both seem to be impressed with the Jasper warranty, quality of product be danged!

1 Like

Don’t leave us hanging have you took it to the doctor yet??
We need the Pearl Harvey the rest of the story.

haha
I actually remembered i have a lifetime powertrain warranty through Nissan where i bought it back in 2018. It’s a 3rd party warranty so they told me to take to GMC to diagnose which i have a appt on wednesday. i’ll let you know what they say. I have the records of maintenance so it shouldn’t be an issue i hope. as long as it saves me $$$$ i’m happy

I"M SOOOOOOOO pissed!
the warranty was denied even though I had service records for the transmission flush services i’ve gotten from a GM service department. they said i had to have records of all my service which I explained i do myself and sent them a copy of everything i bought from autozone since 2018 when i got the truck. Oil, oil and air filters, plugs, brakes, etc… NOT good enough and this is the part of the email that pisses me off…

“Please note that, the Warranty Contract in use – which was provided at no extra charge to the customer at the time of purchase – does require that the customer show proof of ALL maintenance that would have been scheduled by the manufacturer and stated in their owner’s manual.”

what does THAT have to do with it. If you can’t do your own oil changes and spark plugs and brake work on your own truck to keep a warranty to replace your transmission then nobody EVER get paid out. I’m going back to Hudson Nissan tomorrow before i call these clowns myself. I think i’m going to call Live 5 news on this one.

They are false advertising lifetime powertrain warranty’s. the dude even said when i bought it that i could keep reciepts of the oil i buy when i do my own service because i specifically asked. problem is i can’t prove it.

They know a transmission is cheaper than a lawyer.

Dang right!!

They don’t make any money if they stand behind a warranty. There are always enough wiggle words in the agreements for them to deny it.

Spoken words, especially by salespeople, are worthless. It’s what’s on paper that matters.

1 Like

How many miles on vehicle? first off before you go back, look in owners manual for actual required service intervals. Put that mileage on your parts receipt. Look into warranty and see if it specifically states you have to have a certified mechanic / repair shop do services. That may be what nips you in the butt or helps. there is work arounds… Fill out paperwork and have a certified mechanic sign off on it… maybe a little shady, but it’s been done. Warranty fights can become painful. Just don’t bow down and don’t talk too much and when you do be factual and put them in the corner.

Wish you the best. and another drag of the cigarette.

5 won’t help you, but Channel 2 will come out and do an interview and put you on tv if you have a reasonable case to them. They love stories like this.

Channel 2 news: https://www.counton2.com/contact-us/

If that doesn’t get you anywhere, let me know and I’ll send you Riley Benson’s number. He helped us a while back and was super professional and genuinely interested.

1 Like

thanks 23 i’ll let you know.