Another computer question.

I have a 2009 Gateway model DX4200-09. It seems to be stuck in sleep mode. I googled the problem and followed some advice from other forums. Tried taking it apart and blowing the fans and mother board free of dust. All fans working correctly. I tried unplugging the ram and cleaning and reseating it. Still no success. Power supply bad? Mother board bad? Any easy ways to figure out the problem?

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

Take $500 to the computer store and chuck that gateway.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

I actually love my Gateway. It’s about 5 years old and still kicking. The only deal is that it has to be plugged in with the battery out. I have had it wiped clean twice. It wasn’t till the last time that I realized that it was overheating and shutting down with the old battery in it, even with the fans cleaned.

Narcosis

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Take $500 to the computer store and chuck that gateway.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

says the redfish barron, rental house barron

Computers are not pets, they are disposable items.
Replace it before you lose your data, and make sure you have a backup, and a backup of your backup. Without spending more money on it than it is worth or would cost to replace it, you will not find out what is wrong with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Narcosis

I actually love my Gateway. It’s about 5 years old and still kicking. The only deal is that it has to be plugged in with the battery out. I have had it wiped clean twice. It wasn’t till the last time that I realized that it was overheating and shutting down with the old battery in it, even with the fans cleaned.

Narcosis