Another first for Dad

Family came in from Alabama for Thanksgiving so my dad wanted to take my brother out to catch some fish. We went out Saturday morning to the Y-73. The seas glassed over and it was a beautiful ride out. We had to throw back way too many species due to the ACL closures. Schools of bluefish circled the boat all day as well as AJs. We had a few barracuda sit under the boat but didn’t attempt to destroy any of our retrieves. Saw plenty of sharks and even had one about 8 foot fin around us. Sea turtles surfaced all day. Beautiful weather, great time with family and definitely worth every penny. Last trip out my dad caught his very first AJ which happened to be a monster. This trip he caught his very first Bluefish and Sheepshead and personally the largest Sheepshead I’ve ever seen in person. Weighed 7 pounds. Finished the day with a 4 man limit of sea bass, vermillion Snapper, and a few various species mixed in. If Porgies weren’t closed we wouldn’t have had any more cooler space because we obviously we on a hotspot.

Ricky not all Progy’s are closed. Porgy, Red (pink porgy, silver snapper, pink snapper) is still open according to the latest SAFMC APP update.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

Yeah, unfortunately we didn’t catch any Red Porgy. We were snatching up the Whitebone and Jolthead all morning and they put up a heck of a fight.

Grady White Explorer 246G
Twin Suzuki 140s
ALL THE GOODIES