Another illegal without a drivers license

Killed a Ft Gordon soldier waiting in traffic on I 20.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2017-03-09/immigration-officials-investigate-man-charged-fatal-crash

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

This type thing chaps my hind end like No one else. I was hit head on on May 5, 2010. I am extremely fortunate to be alive still. The guy that hit me was drunk, unliscensed, no insurance and the car wasn’t his either. As soon as he was well enough, the hospital let him go instead of releasing him to law enforcement. That guy has never been heard from again, probably went back to Mexico. My insurance was left holding the bag for my injuries and my vehicle. Sadly I am one of many who had something similar happen to them.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

And some people actually are getting mad at Trump for wanting to do something about all the Illegal aliens in our country.

I’ve got a friend that had close to the same issue, illegal with no insurance or Drivers Licence. No wonder our insurance premiums are so high.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

And some people actually are getting mad at Trump for wanting to do something about all the Illegal aliens in our country.

I’ve got a friend that had close to the same issue, illegal with no insurance or Drivers Licence. No wonder our insurance premiums are so high.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

This problem isn't unique to "illegals". There are thousands of uninsured drivers all over the road today that are natural born US citizens.

When I was in New Jersey, if you dropped your insurance the Ins. company would notify the State Police in no more than 48 hours. The cops would pull your driver’s license and tags the next day. At the time I thought it was kind of totalitarian but now days I think it was a good idea.

It never happened to me but I had a few soldiers that got in that mess. It cost them about $500 bucks in state fines to get back on the road, and that didn’t include the cost of insurance.

ZX

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

This problem isn't unique to "illegals". There are thousands of uninsured drivers all over the road today that are natural born US citizens.

It may not be unique and I don’t believe anyone stated that, but at least if it is a U.S. citizen you have legal action you can take. Not with an illegal… other than hope he gets kicked out of our country.

quote:
quote:
quote:

It may not be unique and I don’t believe anyone stated that, but at least if it is a U.S. citizen you have legal action you can take. Not with an illegal… other than hope he gets kicked out of our country.

Why can't you take legal action with an illegal? They are subject to the same laws.

While riding today listening to a local talk show on the radio, it was mentioned that the soldiers family would receive 100k insurance from the military. Thats nothing! Also mentioned was that the illegal had several traffic tickets in the past including driving without a license(4 times).

Not sure if what I heard are facts, but that family must be thinking, if this cat wasn’t here, it wouldn’t have happened…

He is currently sitting in a Columbia County jail waiting on the immigration folks to deal with him.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why can't you take legal action with an illegal? They are subject to the same laws.

SJ, do you know of a case that someone has been successful in recovering any damages/personal injury liabilities in a case

The only thing that can be done is prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law. You won’t get a settlement from him. At best you could sue his employer if you could prove that the guy worked for him. These guys get paid cash, no paper trail to follow them back to their employer.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Skinny I know where this is going and You won’t give to reason as you are already biased to the fact that it’s not any wor

happened to my daughter in law- illegal ran a red light, no license, not his truck, truck not registered, cops let him walk away from the scene. Daughter in laws car was totaled and she lost the baby, 6 months.

Dockman! The cop should have been sued!

had a good friend, he was in the Air Force, hit head on, on the interstate at 7:30 AM, illegal was drunk, went down an exit ramp, he was driving his sisters car that she claimed he had stolen

he has barely regained any functionality

the guy was arrested and scheduled for deportation, the punishment should have been much different

Pioneer 197SF

We know an illegal couple that attends our church and has an “anchor” baby. They got caught in a road check and after saying they had to get their baby to a doctor’s appointment the officer let them go. He had no license, no insurance.

I’m sure we have a lot of citizens that drive with no insurance or even a licence, but somehow it is so much worse when it’s a person in our country illegally and the accident should have never happened.

“live and let live” … “those that deserve it.”