Another Sunday on the Stono

Went out Sunday with my wife. A little windy, coming out of the NNW, but we tried to keep out of it by tucking in behind some tree-lined marsh areas. Found a spot towards Youngs island near Metal Trades, that kept us busy for awhile. Water was 70 and we were using live shrimp either on the bottom or under a float on the edge of the grass. Caught/released several reds, all over the limit. And my wife caught a trout just under sized. Had a really good drag-screamer, kept me busy for a couple of minutes, then broke off. Didn’t see what it was, but fought like a shark? Nice day to be out and about.

4 Likes

Probably was a fatty spottail, they are super strong and pumped up right now. Could have sworn every fish we caught yesterday was bigger than it was, because they were fighting so well. Thanks for the report, good fishing right now too!

Nice report Sea Tonic, good site name too.

All we found Friday was 67 degree water at the Jetties, harbor, and Ashley.

Too windy at the Wapoo Cut, didn’t go any farther in the Stono, wish we had.

Had family on board, no one was fishing the Dynamite Hole either. Just small Sea Bass, and one Spanish caught at the Jetties. Current and wind caused a lot of lost tackle too of course, but always a day on the water beats everything else hands down. Good sun and temps though, wind 15-20 NNW, we were in a 23 Mako, so no problem.

1 Like