Any Jobs?

quote:
Originally posted by Island Boy

I’m looking for a equipment operator if you have some experience(Johnny can show you jk!) . General labor as well but I don’t think you are looking for that

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

That dude is an animal in a track-hoe!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Thanks for all the notes, words of encouragement, etc., I sincerely appreciate it. I have a long row to hoe going forward…

A little more development on the layoff side…it appears it will be voluntary at first, offered to eligible job codes (I included). The “package” is decent, but not enough to make me take it right off. If they hit their number with voluntary layoffs then I’m safe for now…but really uneasy about going forward.

Honestly my Wadmalaw Island morals and values don’t seem to align very well with corporate America and all of these politics and buddy-buddy stuff. I’ve been toying with the idea of moving on for quite some time, this may be the push I needed.

Time for some self-reflection, and deciding what I want to do going forward.

Thanks again

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Thanks for all the notes, words of encouragement, etc., I sincerely appreciate it. I have a long row to hoe going forward…

A little more development on the layoff side…it appears it will be voluntary at first, offered to eligible job codes (I included). The “package” is decent, but not enough to make me take it right off. If they hit their number with voluntary layoffs then I’m safe for now…but really uneasy about going forward.

Honestly my Wadmalaw Island morals and values don’t seem to align very well with corporate America and all of these politics and buddy-buddy stuff. I’ve been toying with the idea of moving on for quite some time, this may be the push I needed.

Time for some self-reflection, and deciding what I want to do going forward.

Thanks again

Wadmalaw native

You certainly have corporate America pegged correctly… It’ll suck your soul straight out…

Take care, and best of luck to you. Never know, may be the best thing that ever happened to you. If nothing else, if you do find yourself without work, don’t stress too much and enjoy it. It may be a long time before you get that much time to spend with you family, etc.

Peace out.

RBF

Thanks, RBF. I’ve stuck out the corporate America thing for far too long, for all of the wrong reasons. I think it’s time to stretch my wings and fly.

But if you have the opportunity to start over, to re-invent yourself, how do you decide what you wanna do? The sky is the limit, I’m a quick study, and an intelligent person who’s never met a challenge I couldn’t overcome - including career-wise.

I hate having to make these decisions right now, as I said in OP, it’s not the right time in my plan!

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Thanks, RBF. I’ve stuck out the corporate America thing for far too long, for all of the wrong reasons. I think it’s time to stretch my wings and fly.

But if you have the opportunity to start over, to re-invent yourself, how do you decide what you wanna do? The sky is the limit, I’m a quick study, and an intelligent person who’s never met a challenge I couldn’t overcome - including career-wise.

I hate having to make these decisions right now, as I said in OP, it’s not the right time in my plan!

Wadmalaw native

My suggestion is to take the time to really mull it over while you are still employed. Go ahead and start now researching your options and have a framework ready if/when it happens.

Wish I knew the answers to your questions as everyone is different. However, assess your skills and what you are passionate about. I don’t know you but recall you are interested in firearms. Is there anyway to bridge your quality and training talents with this field? If nothing else, would you be willing to go back into corporate America with a firearms mfg in the same type of position? Could help attenuate the corp America part if it is a passion.

Corporate America is a blood sucking beast. Plain and simple. However, the company you work for is massive… Maybe a smaller company where your talents make a larger contribution and perhaps the company culture is more balanced between life and work. All things I am sure you have considered.

If you need any help with writing a resume, reach out to me. I am good at it. And, if it isn’t what you want, you would have nothing to lose as it would be pro bono.

Don’t take my writing here on CFC as an indication of my abilities…That’s what the review process is there for…

are you willing to travel a little bit? I can get you hired here in columbia working on building the two new nuclear power plants at VC Summer. We are always looking for experienced QC personnel

LB, sent you a pm.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Thanks everyone…right now, with a young child just starting school, and a wife working full time, I just cannot travel right now.

Wadmalaw native

RBF,

I really appreciate your input in this thread.

Don’t know if this matches your skills but…

Ladson:
http://ventureaerobearings.com/employment/
http://www.streitusa.com/careers/
http://www.tighitco.com/Locations/Manufacturing-Charleston,-SC.aspx
http://www.shimano.com/content/Corporate/english/index/jobs/NorthAmerica/careers-website-usa.html
https://www.cumminsturbotechnologies.com/Careers
https://www.bosch-career.us/en/applying_us/jobsearch_9/-/cui/extsearch/ZRB_PSRCH_US?TGROUP=&FUNC_AREA_NB=&COUNTRY=US&keywords=

Shimano looks like an opportunity but I think the others are worth calling. Also any others on Palmetto Commerce. If you’re looking to get out you might be able to cash out and walk right into a better job.

Good luck.

First, Most, Biggest

I think I know what you are feeling. My career started in textiles. Early 90’s. By end of the decade textile production went across seas. And by then our plant had expanded by an additional +1M sqft. One Friday I walked into the plant and was told to go directly to HR (I remember it like it was yesterday)…My manager and HR VP were waiting for me. I was told to pick two people from my technical staff that would be terminated that day…I had one hour. Worst day of my life! By the end of the day I realized my position was part of the cut too if expenses did not get under control! I had two babies at home!!! Such a heavy load on mind and the worry was numbing! All I could think about was how was I going to provide for my family!

Any way I got busy with the resume, networking, emails, phone calls, etc…two months later I landed a job as a software engineer with Lowes Companies! …with limited experience but it was what I wanted to do as a career

Oh yeah…lots of praying too!!!

Mark Ingle
NauticStar 1810 Merc 90

Well, looks like I’ve survived this round of cuts…for now. For the first time I can say that my boss messing up my promotion for the past year and half has turned out to be a blessing in disguise as they’re only offering this to my job code to people at a higher level.

Wadmalaw native

Glad you are okay for now!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Great news

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

I’m surprised this unnamed aerospace company is doing cuts like this already with all the fighting against unions going on.

SC Ports Authority.

Check out sps.consulting. my wife got a job there and they’re looking for more people soon.she is a federal contractor and processes pass ports.

Double D.

Welders are making 50 dollars an hour and there aren’t enough to keep up. The jobs are there. You just have to adapt.