Any Jobs?

Anyone got a line on a good job for a 35 year old who’s spent 10 years in Quality and Training for an aerospace company (yeah, that one)?

Got hit with the layoff letter…feeling a little unsure about things, it’s not the right time in my plan for this!!

Call Trump

Wow I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe blessing in disguise and it’s time to go all in with the firearms?

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Wow I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe blessing in disguise and it’s time to go all in with the firearms?

Nah, I’m not a retail kind of guy.

I’m in my dream job…but about to be awoken with some bad nightmare it appears, so a blessing in disguise is probably not what this will be for me.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Call Trump

Go be a ******** somewhere else please.

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Anyone got a line on a good job for a 35 year old who’s spent 10 years in Quality and Training for an aerospace company (yeah, that one)?

Got hit with the layoff letter…feeling a little unsure about things, it’s not the right time in my plan for this!!

Wadmalaw native

Other big companies coming to the area. Maybe they could use your talents.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Wadmalaw native

Other big companies coming to the area. Maybe they could use your talents.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Working on that as we speak. Unfortunately, these new companies are following Boeing’s lead by letting the state pay for training the employees. ReadySC is the company, and I’ve worked alongside them for years…hoping I don’t have to go that route. It’s contract work with too many issues for me and my young family at this time.

It’s never a good time for stuff like this, but now it’s terrible!

Wadmalaw native

You can always look into the government contractor world even if it’s temporary until you get your dream job. SAIC, SRC, SPAWAR, etc. they are always hiring.

If you don’t have an up to date resume, get one ASAP and get it out there. I went through this about seven years ago. Fortunately, I didn’t have any debt, my wife had a decent income, and I had a small pension from previous employment, so financially we were OK. Staying busy will help chase away the blues, you don’t want to go there. If you have any debt you can get out from under, do it. Network, network, network, use your contacts. Give them copies of your resume and start looking hard. Job search is your new temporary job, dedicate several hours a day to it relentlessly. Your skill set gives you lots of options and may take your career in a new direction. Maybe think about substitute teaching temporarily? It would give you some additional networking opportunities and a little income. I feel your pain, but don’t panic, have faith and get busy looking. Good luck!

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Hopefully you have an emergency fund or perhaps at least a retirement account you can rob just to buy yourself some time. My best advice is to not panic. I would be hesitant to jump on the first thing that pops up. I know it sucks but I cant think of a better time to be laid off (at least its not 2008!).

There are plenty of opportunities out there right now and if you give it some time something good will come along. The way I see it, these things happen for a reason.

Network as much as possible and plug yourself into as many social circles as possible.

Its hard to do it, but try to think outside of the box. More than likely your skill set can be used in other professions/careers. Its easy to get tunnel vision and think you need to be doing exactly what you were doing before. Ask yourself, what you WANT to be doing. Most employers are more concerned with work ethic and integrity IMO anyway.

And lastly do not be too prideful to sign up for unemployment. YOU paid into it and should tap into that benefit when the need arises. It was hard for me to swallow my pride when the time came but it did help our family until something else came along.

Good luck and God speed!

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Call Trump

Time and place…

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

PM sent

Man, really sorry to hear that. Hopefully something will come along soon.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

leadenwahboy, I just sent you a text…

Also, are you on LinkedIn? If not, you should be. This is one of the more common ways to get hired nowadays. If you have not made a profile, you should, and then start connecting with old colleagues, business contacts, etc. Once your network gets large enough, you will see jobs come up fairly regularly. Also, don’t forget to touch base with some head hunters.

List all of your certifications in your LinkedIn profile and the relevant ones on your resume. There’s a good bit of aerospace in the Southeast, but staying in the industry might require relocating. Expand your search into automotive and you’ll see more job opportunities.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

Dang, that stinks. Good luck to you.

I’ve heard of people paying a few $'s for a professional resume writer that makes them sparkle. I think it is not much at all and sets the hook quickly on some opportunities.

BG

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

Hopefully you have an emergency fund or perhaps at least a retirement account you can rob just to buy yourself some time. My best advice is to not panic. I would be hesitant to jump on the first thing that pops up. I know it sucks but I cant think of a better time to be laid off (at least its not 2008!).

There are plenty of opportunities out there right now and if you give it some time something good will come along. The way I see it, these things happen for a reason.

Network as much as possible and plug yourself into as many social circles as possible.

Its hard to do it, but try to think outside of the box. More than likely your skill set can be used in other professions/careers. Its easy to get tunnel vision and think you need to be doing exactly what you were doing before. Ask yourself, what you WANT to be doing. Most employers are more concerned with work ethic and integrity IMO anyway.

And lastly do not be too prideful to sign up for unemployment. YOU paid into it and should tap into that benefit when the need arises. It was hard for me to swallow my pride when the time came but it did help our family until something else came along.

Good luck and God speed!

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

The bold item above is false information. As an employee no one pays into SUI, or FUI. It is ALL paid by the employer…

The only reason I bring this to attention is that don’t go into the area UI office with a chip on your shoulder… The employer can challenge whether you receive benefits. Most likely with an official RIF there won’t be any issues, but I would go in humble and thankful this employer paid insurance is there.

RBF

A few openings with Blanchard, go check out their web site. Flint has some openings, not sure your background but the mechanic side is paying very good and looking hard for new talent. Dirty work at times, but pay level is extremely good with lot’s of room for growth. Your age is a plus, the young kids just don’t seem to be interested in hard work and dedication.

and what old Robert boly doesn’t realise is the simple fact that over the last month with the help of TRUMP, more jobs or available right now than I’ve seen in 8 years.

Good Luck out there Leadenwahboy! Chin up and don’t be sell yourself short. Not sure that you’d be interested, but CDL Drivers are in big demand right now as well. Down side is getting experience, but once you get a few years with a clean driving record you can find a job driving a truck all over and also decent money and good benefits if you shop around after getting the over the road experience. Just throwing that out there…

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

There are several aerospace companies in the Beaufort area, mostly in support of the F-35 at MCAS Beaufort. Check with Gulfstream in SAV also. Best of luck, you should get hired soon.

oc

I’m looking for a equipment operator if you have some experience(Johnny can show you jk!) . General labor as well but I don’t think you are looking for that

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield