Any of y'all had hip replacement?

Getting my left replaced July 17th. Getting total, as in ball and socket. The Anterior (best)approach where they come in from the front. The other side needs it as well and will follow this one up later.

Would like to hear about others experiences, recovery, etc…

Thanks

NN

Piece of cake. Best move ever for me and I was fairly young. Total hip entering from rear. Immediate pain relief. Walk as much as you can stand before surgery. Do the rehab and you will be pretty mobile with nothing but a cane in about 2 weeks or less.

I hope everything goes well for you Glenn!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Had total hip replacement 8 years ago. Surgery was a piece of cake. Was walking around the same day. Paid gone almost immediately. Suggestions would be to 1. Carefully follow the re-hab instruction you are given. 2. Be sure to take it easy for 3-4 weeks after the surgery. You may feel great and try and over-due it which can lead to trouble. I felt great a week after surgery and went out to dinner with the wife. Was exhausted when I got home and say down to quickly on the couch. Hip dislocated. You definitely do not want this!
Best of luck!!

Good video on what not to do after
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Gr8hVvLKk

I had my right hip replaced when I was 45. One of the best decisions my wife ever made me make. Suffered for years, but have been pain free for 8 years now.

Thanks all for the replies. Gonna be getting the other one done about 3 months later…ugh!

NN

Keep us posted Glenn.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?