Anyone been catching jacks?

I know this time is about the time of year we start seeing jack crevalle but I haven’t seen any reports? I’ve never hooked one so this is a fish I’m targeting.

-Sam

quote:
Originally posted by yakgotstuck

I know this time is about the time of year we start seeing jack crevalle but I haven’t seen any reports? I’ve never hooked one so this is a fish I’m targeting.

-Sam

Yes I agree,we should start seeing them soon,I usually do better during the month of August.You need to get out there right at daybreak and scout for some.Look around where the Cooper and Wando meet and also by marina just south of the old navy base.You will see their fins breaking the surface normally when they are schooling.Good luck to ya and welcome to the site.I'm going out Monday ,hopefully I'll have a report and pics.

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=177655

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by sman
quote:
Originally posted by yakgotstuck

-Sam

Yes I agree,we should start seeing them soon,I usually do better during the month of August.You need to get out there right at daybreak and scout for some.Look around where the Cooper and Wando meet and also by marina just south of the old navy base.You will see their fins breaking the surface normally when they are schooling.Good luck to ya and welcome to the site.I'm going out Monday ,hopefully I'll have a report and pics.

Anything that pulls drag, right?