anyone doing any good?

i got my first bass of the year yesterday around bushy park with a texas worm, but is anyone else catching bass at all yet? i dont have a boat, but could rent a canoe for ponds, small lakes, and the river at bushy park no problem. should i look for em near shore or a bit deeper this time of year as well…southern bass are still fairly new to me.

I’ve caught some of the biggest bass of my life this year here in the Upstate. All on large Gizzard Shad, while Striper fishing. The first over ten pounds I’ve seen come out or Hartwell in over twenty years, and several in the eight to ten range. All in less than 16’ feet of water on planer boards.

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same!!!

i got another one a couple days ago and lost a hookup yesterday on a little george if anyone knows what that is, but the live gizzard shad was one of my favorite baits back home. ive also had a couple take a bluegill while i was reeling them in and a couple even on the ice rod, but no 10 pound fish for me here yet…they were all 15 or 16 inches.

theres the second fish i got…first one was about the same and so was the one i lost. so far ive had the same results as the boaters though even from shore. anyone i talk to says either skunked or maybe 1 or 2 fish.

Stay with it buddy!!

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same!!!

hey nuke, i’ve caught a couple nice bass in those ponds in marrington plantation. that one with all the trees in it, near the horse stables, i’ve caught a couple over 6 lbs on a floating white zoom worm there.

i have done ok in some of the marrington ponds before, but havent had any luck lately. my best is 21" on a texas worm, but it wasnt too filled out and was 4.5lbs. pretty sure i know what one ya mean but ive done decent in the one right inside the gate off redbank. i never get anything from shore, but drop a canoe to get away from shore and i usually get 3 or 4 along the deep edge of the pads. once the weather straightens out havent gotten a red or trout in a bit so ill try some bassin with the canoe in the ponds and river.