Anyone got a VHF base with info on dead boat?

I gotta hear the whole story when it comes out

“mr keys”

I would much rather take my chances with a smaller CC and a good Captain and crew than a much larger boat with boat full of inexperience. Where is Cracker Larry? Serious skills there!

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

quote:
Originally posted by Long Enuff

I would much rather take my chances with a smaller CC and a good Captain and crew than a much larger boat with boat full of inexperience. Where is Cracker Larry? Serious skills there!

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Good to know we judge experience off a forum. Any good capt, will tell you can take a small single screw boat off shore but any GOOD capt would tell you they recommend two or more. But wth do I know? Apparently nothing.

2005 Fountain 32CC with that Verado power

What do all of the single screw sporties qualify as? good captains or…GOOD captains?

I’m waiting to hear your answer.

quote:
Originally posted by Chad
quote:
Originally posted by Long Enuff

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Good to know we judge experience off a forum. Any good capt, will tell you can take a small single screw boat off shore but any GOOD capt would tell you they recommend two or more. But wth do I know? Apparently nothing.

Chad, You can have a four engine Freeman, but, with water in your fuel...you ain't going any where. You got to know how to clear that water without running your batteries down. One engine or four...you plan for worst case scenario.

You’re right, but you wont find me much farther than the jetties. I’ve worked too many horror stories offshore. . .

Safety is paramount. Have an EPIRB, life jackets and a float plan. Tell somebody where you’re going and when you’ll be back.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Chad

Everyone acts like going 50+ on a single motor makes you more of die hard fishing nut or something. Only thing dumber than going that far on one screw is not going with enough fuel.

That's a ridiculous statement. Single engine boats have been going out fishing 50+ miles since before you were born. And I don't care how old you are.

Technology is way better than it was back then. It get’s safer every year.

the boat in this discusion was emptypockets my boat is coastguard inspected and does have epirb on board . also there was somebody else on boat . when we drop lines motor cut off change fuelseparter the motor would not prime up due to no gas on board to put in fuelseparter to get a prime. coast guard bought some gas and i got it to fired up . And went in on my motor to port. it doesnt matter if you have 6 motors or less if water in gas they all stop due to that !!! best advice leave gallon gas on boat because nobody knows when it going happen to you

If the motors aren’t rigged independently they commonly fail together, one electronic or fuel sytem problem knocks out both engines.

Glad your home captain.

^^^^ Times two.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Times three captain.

2005 Sea Hunt 212 Triton
“Head East”

quote:
Originally posted by empty pockets

What do all of the single screw sporties qualify as? good captains or…GOOD captains?

I’m waiting to hear your answer.

Glad we have cleared the air on this and all agree that the kind of boat you operate determines if you’re a good capt or not.

Sporty= good capt

This is the kinda **** that’s a revolving door here in Charleston. When I had a single engine I was an idiot for going out. Got two now the single screw band wagon starts with the whole we save fuel, we’re better capts blah blah blah. Just as bad as the Yamaha guys thinking their motors will run forever with no issues and all Mercury motors are junk.

Glad you made it home safe. Lets face it, chances of something happening to a motor internally are way higher than what happened to you in this case. Two screw is always better than one and a single diesel LOL…come on man. Lets compare a diesel to a gas burning outboard.

Single engines rule.

I’ve always gone out on single engine boats. I guess that just makes me cooler than everyone else.

Good Captains get their command and crew home safe and in one piece. No mater how many engines or sails.