Anyone know much about a 4 legged Beaver?

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

The only way you are allowed to set a conibear trap is an underwater set.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Absolutely not true! You can put a conibear trap on a slide set no problem. Another false statement is that a leg hold won’t hurt a dog, sorry poly but the leg hold you use for a beaver will mess a dogs leg up to the point of amputation. I run a 4 coil bridger #3 and have caught beavers by one toe and they won’t pull out. You need a depredation permit to trap and shoot beavers now FYI also

Been out several nights and seen nothing. Maybe it/they moved on. I see no new trees or bushes cut down. I’ve got a lot of pigweed in the pond, maybe eating that? Was reading that they also do a lot of damage to corn and soybean fields. Said they will gather and hoard pile it in their den.

I’ve heard they are good to eat, anyone eaten one? if so how to fix it? If I get one BigJim still gets the hide … if he wants it.

Thanks for the leg trap input salty. If I ever see an area traveled I’ll keep the dogs locked up.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

have you thought about putting a deer cam out there to try and see it in action?

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

have you thought about putting a deer cam out there to try and see it in action?

Wife’s suggestion. Got two out… nothing but a cat that has to go. Sometimes we don’t think about the easy stuff. Thanks. I think it may have moved on? I hope. No more bushes/trees down but I have a good deal of pond weeds it could eat.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”