April 22

Put a second mortgage on the house and got funds to fuel the boat at the marina. The forecasts did not agree but thought maybe the optimistic one was correct. Decided to give it a try around noon.

Three to four feet, maybe more like four, was the reality. So, just went nearshore. Tried to troll for a bit, hard to execute, so tied on jigs. Water temperature 66.5 at Edisto 40.

Caught bluefish and weakfish. Could have caught as many as you would like of either. The weakfish were just off the bottom below the bluefish. If you got hit first crank or two, probably weakfish. Bluefish everywhere, weakfish just on certain structure. Nothing big, but lots of catching. Smoking the bluefish right now. No spanish or bonito. No bird activity or surface activity.

A bit smoother coming back but big benefit was following sea.

Some good looking days in the forecast in the coming week. We plan to try to go farther out and, if water temp 70 or more, look for kingfish.

Imagine a pretty picture of a weakfish here. Still can’t seem to post a picture. Put in jpeg format and downscaled but won’t post except as “error”. Please let me know if there is something else I need to do.

I know its stupid, but 99% of the time it works for me if I open it in Paint, Save As, and then save it as a new file with a new name. Then it lets me upload to this site.
I know its a pain. There’s something about the way my cell phone names the picture file or something in the metadata that this website software doesn’t agree with. Hopefully that works for you.

Thanks for posting the report!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

So, a simple 10 step process to post pictures? Convenient.

I know weakfish look kind of like a trout, do they taste like trout?

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I’ve had people tell me the specks are better, but I personally can not tell a difference. I did get a few weak fish that had worms in the belly meat once.

What I can’t believe is no mention of Carolina Gold. My buddy went this week end and brought home 30 with hardly any slingers. Several other boats on the docks with nice catches. Near the Deli if anyone is interested in an offshore report.

Thanks for the tutorial.

Weakfish are delicious if eaten fresh, very mild flavor if cared for after catching. Does not keep well or freeze well.

Weakfish are delicious if eaten fresh, very mild flavor if cared for after catching. Does not keep well or freeze well.

So, a bit like trout, really only good fresh. Thanks for the response.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?